Ford Flathead V8 - The Flathead Guide of Death

Started by wayne petty, October 20, 2010, 10:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

in case you missed it when it was published...

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hdrp_0511_ford_flathead_engine/index.html

or you can just look at the pictures by starting here..

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hdrp_0511_ford_flathead_engine/photo_01.html

enjoy....

oh.. and don't forget.. you can click and open the pictures in a new window for a bigger picture to save...

wayne

taxpyer

Nice article Wayne,,,,,,,,, :D  You know I love the way they look, sound and have owned several, but getting another one would be like putting on a pair of shoes you had when you were 6,,,,,,,,,,,, every step after that would hurt.  
It's tempting but,,,,,,,,,,,, Was at a show'n shine and this fellow had a real nice one all dressed and it was cool :wink:  but when we all got ready to leave that sound of it cranking away and not starting sent a shiver up my spine. :roll:  BUT, you get to meet all sorts of good guys who show up to help you try to get it going. 8)
Thanks for the article though,,,,,,,,,,,, I do love the way they look and sound.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

Bruce Dorsi

Thanks for the links, Wayne!

I passed them on to a friend who is currently rebuilding a flathead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

UGLY OLDS

Neat Article ...My first street rod had one .. 3-3/8 X4...Edelbrock heads...Isky  cam ..Scott blower with 2  97's... In a '40 Ford Four-Door sedan  :? ..Neat street runner until the block cracked .  I took it to an Early Ford Club show & it was point judged ...  As I walked around the car with the judge he pointed out minor areas that were different from "stock" ...Checking his list as we went along ...When we got to the front of the car , he asked " Please open the hood" ...The look on his face will stay in my mind forever .... :shock:    All he said was " Please close the hood" .....That's when I knew I had built it "Right" ..... :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****