COE update pictures

Started by 348tripower, September 26, 2010, 04:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

QuoteDon...I know those wheels are new "American Torque Thrust", But what is the "exact" name of them . I want to look into them for my "A" & keep getting confused with all the "look-alikes" ..... :?

That truck is lookin' GREAT  8)

Bob ....... :wink:

Bob,
They are Halibrand!
[/quote][/quote]

YEOW .....See what I mean about "Look Alikes":  :?:   They sure are a good looking wheel    :!:  8) Thanxxx.

Bob........ :wink:

Oh.....did I mention .....Chrome ........ :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

2rods

Chrome. What are those door mirrors?

348tripower

Quote from: "2rods"Chrome. What are those door mirrors?

RV mirrors. I was looking at a Coe on Ebay and he noted his mirrors were from a motor home.  So search motor home RV mirrors and I found these.
Don Colliau

2rods

Thanks. Know I've seen that style somewhere. Looks very good!

348tripower

Quote from: "2rods"Thanks. Know I've seen that style somewhere. Looks very good!

The worst thing about driving rods and customs is the lack of view with the mirrors. I am getting to the point that I have a hard time turning around in the seat to see to back up so good mirrors are a must.
Don Colliau

Flipper

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "2rods"Thanks. Know I've seen that style somewhere. Looks very good!

The worst thing about driving rods and customs is the lack of view with the mirrors. I am getting to the point that I have a hard time turning around in the seat to see to back up so good mirrors are a must.

"Good" mirrors also create huge blind spots.  I've almost pulled out in front of a couple of cars because they were hiding behind my big ole mirrors.

57larry

did you ever notice that Foose doesn't use outside mirrors.

jaybee

Not exactly practical.  I learned to drive without a right side mirror (none of our cars had them) but someone knocked my left side mirror off the car once.  The couple of days it took me to get a replacement were miserable!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

river1

i use both outside mirrors constantly while driving. i'm a somewhat agressive driver :roll:  so i like to be as aware as possible to the old f@rts here in AZ :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

butch27

Hey: Some of the race car divisions I raced in had NO mirrors.

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

39deluxe

I vote for chrome too and your mirrors are spot on the the style of the truck. Halibrand makes a great looking 5 spoke too. OK, I'm not sucking up. I just like your truck.

Tom

348tripower

Quote from: "39deluxe"I vote for chrome too and your mirrors are spot on the the style of the truck. Halibrand makes a great looking 5 spoke too. OK, I'm not sucking up. I just like your truck.

Tom

:D
Don Colliau