Air hose coupler protector

Started by jaybee, September 26, 2010, 07:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Any time you're working with air hose there's the potential for the couplers to scratch something.  To avoid that I've gotten in the habit of running the hose over my shoulder, but it's often inconvenient and eventually the hose is going to fall and smack the fender, headlight, or something with the end of a whip hose.  I have no idea why I never thought about it before and I'd guess some of you already have, but all at once I realized I had the bits at hand to fix the problem.

I wrapped the air hose with a piece of air hose insulation.  One end has a tie wrap to clamp it tightly enough that it will slide, but only when I want it to.  Clip the end, cover the tie wrap with some black tape and I'm done.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

taxpyer

Great Idea,,,,,,, Came up with another the other day,,,,,,, use foam ear plugs to plug lines that you want to keep clean during teardown.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

phat46

Better get a patent on those ideas beofre someone starts making money from them!!  :D  :D

enjenjo

Neat idea, I think I'll steal it. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

taxpyer

What we really need is another type of service light other than these glaring, awkward, flourecent lights. :? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'd rather get burnt by the old hot bulb variety than what's out there now. :roll:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

Carnut

Humm, that reminds me, I need to start checking ebay for good deals on cases of incandescent bulbs, enough to last me the rest of my life.

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com