Late model GM power windows

Started by Jokester, September 15, 2010, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokester

Does anyone have any experience w/ late GM power wiindows?  My 01 and 05 Lesabres are both going through regulators.  I've replace one on the 05 and 2 on the 01 and now the 01 needs another; and this one I've changed before.  The motors are all OK, it's the cable mechanism that fails.  The cable bunches up and then jams.  Finally some crappy piece of plastic breaks and it all goes to pot.  Of course you can't buy the cable parts, you have to buy the whole regulator assembly with motors.

Any suggestions?

thx,

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

enjenjo

I've had the same problem on my Boneville, two bad regulators so far. I don't have a solution.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

no fix here either....

but... when i was young.. mom always yelled at me to not play  with the power windows... you will break them.....

i guess... somebody has turned that saying into a money making deal...

oh.. and by the way...    anybody got pictures of the areas of where  the parts fail...  perhaps include the application also....

i have a contact at one of the aftermarket manufactures who might like to know where the repeated failure places are... so they can engineer their replacements to NOT fail...