5 gal Mouse trap question

Started by slocrow, September 13, 2010, 04:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

With the nights cooling down I apparently have an attic visitor trying to set up house. I reviewed the 5 gallon bucket, trap construction and find that I'm questioning whether to put in diluted anti-freeze or just straight from the container?
It looks like the bottom of the bucket should have about a gallon of liquid and George has previously stated that a side benefit of the anti-freeze is it's embalming effect; no stink. Thus I was wondering if a diluted mixture would do the same as straight. Any knowledge or direct experience appreciated...............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Leon

How do you figure which brand of beer to use as bait?  :lol:

Dusty

Frank...
I use straight stuff in mine.  I have had as many as 17 over a years period.  I set it in my camp in PA, just before I leave and next summer there has been 15 to 17 Meeces in the soup.
I haven't tried diluting it but I may try next year just to see.
I know with the straight stuff, they are pickeled......
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

slocrow

Thanks Benny. I dumped the whole gallon into the pail last night and we'll see what will happen. I believe the little stinkers have been getting into my attic through my attached garage. last night I placed the trap in my garage attic in hopes of getting them before they enter the house attic, which is a lot of grief trying to get up into.

Leon; I switched from the light to MGD in hopes of keeping the partying down. Their dancing has been keeping me up all night before they hit the hot tub.............  :)
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dusty

Frank...
Those extra peanuts will be irresistible to those lieele critters...
Guc Luk...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Harry

Too late now, but you could drain the anti-freeze from your car and use that. Your car could probably use new stuff anyhow.