Arizona speed cameras on the freeways

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 19, 2010, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

As I suspected when the photo cameras on the freeways were turned off... they were not really turned off.  This applies only to the stationary cameras, the mobile units are gone

I have learned the cameras are still operating. No flashes, no tickets , no fine.  The cameras are used to gather information for the DPS ( AZ highway patrol) to show the legislature speeding is on the increase

DPS wants to take over the operation of the cameras for revenue. . oh I mean speed enforcement .. go figure
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

of course (duh for the state) :roll:  they are going to show speed has increased with them "off" no one is slamming their brakes :x  to slow from 67 to 55 as they go thru them. yes i know it wouldn't flash you till you went 76 but alot of are fellow citizens didn't get the memo 8)

i have less of a problem with the cameras if they are controlled by the gov't. still don't like them but dislike them less then when a foreign company :twisted:  controlled them.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Jim,

At this point my info indicates the  cameras would still operate under Redflex.. DPS is looking for a path to enter into a contract with Redflex as controller of the cameras

There would be a few new laws in place for this to happen.  Watch for that, it is coming I bet.

you can bet the new laws will have stronger penalties in place.

Oh.. in the main commute times .. have you seen the DPS cars just sitting on the side of the freeways?  The new DPS director has ordered the officers to sit there as a method for faster response times to collisions in heavy commute traffic times
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

BFS57

Hello;
Like I have said, This all goes with the Local, City, and State Governments that made BIG promises to it's retiring work force  as well as the increasing cost of those really nice benefit packages and now find themselves in a financial toilet!
They are out to get every and any one that they can make a $$ off of!!
Used to go fishing here and never see a state officer, ain't so any more! They are trying to snag anyone not catching "legal" fish!
Watch your speed, I have vowed to not give a dime of my money to any municipality!!!

Bruce