Tires

Started by reborn55, July 22, 2010, 03:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Car from hell is supposedly sold.  Will know for sure next weekend when we meet to finalize deal.  So I guess I will drive the 55 to Louisville.  (Knew I should have put A/C in it last year)Guess I had better get some new tires.  Mine are bout 9-10 years old--still have great tread and ride pretty well.  They are BFG Radial TA's.  Are there any comaprable brands out there with the same traits--maybe some with a little softer ride.  Only reason I ask is that they seem a little scarce around my area.  really don't want to have to order a set and be hung out to dry before time to go.  Thanks for info.

wayne petty

you did not post sizes you need...

you might try this link...

sorted by size...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/sizes/index.jsp

it will at least give you a good idea of what's available..

reborn55

215-70R-15--
I have found some at tire rack--but trying to stay local and have found some places that are either back order or not in stock or ridiculously higher than the rest.
Thanks

jaybee

I suspect certain tire sizes will get harder and harder to find locally as new cars race to larger tires.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

If you mention a 15 inch wheel size to a younger employee at a tire place you get that tilted head look like a dog does... HUH?  from them

I do not care for the big wheel look:   20  -  22 - 24 inch
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"If you mention a 15 inch wheel size to a younger employee at a tire place you get that tilted head look like a dog does... HUH?  from them

I do not care for the big wheel look:   20  -  22 - 24 inch

My daughters Cavalier has 14", we were surprised at the  lack of local choices for that size.  I don't care for the big rim/short tire either, but i do like the 20's on my Dodge truck, they have the proper ratio of tread to sidewall to look normal. What I didn't like about them was the price to replace the crappy Goodyears that came on the truck!!!

:?

Canuck

Got 215-65 x 15 TAs from Costco in Canada.  Didn't have them in stock but had them next business day.  Best price I could find locally.

215-65 x 15 was a common size a few years ago on Camaros etc.

Good Luck

Canuck
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

chimp koose

Crosley, I think 24" wheels belong on vehicles like the 747.....Boeing 747