C4 neutral safety switch

Started by Okiedokie, July 20, 2010, 09:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

The time has come to redo the column shift linkage in my 46 with a C4 trans. The original set up in the car when I bought it several years ago is an assortment of stock pieces that I have modified/ replaced over the past 40,000 miles. A while back I bought a Lokar coumn shift to replace the pieces in use. Now the rubber bushings have failed and it is time to install the Lokar. [Why get in a hurry] So, it is apparent that the stock neutral safety switch will not work with the Lokar arm that attaches to trans shaft. Lokad doesn't make a bracket for the C4 for a NSW. When I bought the car it had no NSW and I fabbed a bracket for one of the button switches, but had a time keeping it adjusted [my lack of fab skills I guess] so I replaced that with the stock style switch for a C4. Has anyone dealt with this Lokar setup and have any suggestions?

Okiedokie

Disregard this thread. It just occured to me that I replaced the original column that was in the car with a Chevy van column and can use the Chevy column mounted switch.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Okiedokie"Disregard this thread. It just occured to me that I replaced the original column that was in the car with a Chevy van column and can use the Chevy column mounted switch.

Well, that makes it easier.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

slocrow

Oops, I thought this was a question about the 84-96 issued Corvette's. But it does pos another question about the NSS. I'll do another post..........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...