No Wonder GM is in trouble

Started by enjenjo, July 26, 2010, 10:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I would like to trry the car on our commute.  it is 35 miles each way.  If I could plug the car in and charge it during the day at work that would work.  My work place would expect some cash for the power = which is fair.

At the price for the car , they can KMA

Does any body remember how far the EV-1  would travel on a full charge?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

I get a kick out of electric cars being touted as zero emissions. That electricity came from somewhere.

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"I get a kick out of electric cars being touted as zero emissions. That electricity came from somewhere.

sometimes, and this is true more everyday, it comes from wind or solar.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

unklian

Quote from: "chimp koose"I get a kick out of electric cars being touted as zero emissions. That electricity came from somewhere.

Even if the energy source is green, how much emissions
were created to manufacture these types of cars ?

lofat46

I'm 59 and have owned GM cars since I was 16, with a couple of Chrysler products thrown in (never again, sorry MOPAR fans), but I think they mishandled Oldsmobile and Pontiac, never advertising either like they should have and right now they don't offer a single vehicle I would be interested in, except maybe a Caddy CTS-V but that's out of my price range.  If/when the day comes to by a new car I'm going with Ford, they have impressed the heck out of recently.  However, my street rods will always be Chevy's. 8)

river1

Quote from: "unklian"

Even if the energy source is green, how much emissions
were created to manufacture these types of cars ?

i would think "comparable" to gas powered vehicles. the only alternative to that would be to NOT make ANY more cars. i hope we never get that green :?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

ah, that Wind and Solar energy ain't exactly free or cheap.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "lofat46"I'm 59 and have owned GM cars since I was 16, with a couple of Chrysler products thrown in (never again, sorry MOPAR fans), but I think they mishandled Oldsmobile and Pontiac, never advertising either like they should have and right now they don't offer a single vehicle I would be interested in, except maybe a Caddy CTS-V but that's out of my price range.  
QuoteIf/when the day comes to by a new car I'm going with Ford, they have impressed the heck out of recently
.  However, my street rods will always be Chevy's. 8)

You prolly  grew "Used to them" over the years ... :)  'Specially the "form fitting bucket seats" & the "lock-out" low gears ..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey ...You goin' to Hampshire Sunday????

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

We are starting to have issues with some of the Hybrid's in our fleets as they gain mileage ..People looking to buy in the used car sector don't realize the cost of repairs once the 8yr /100K mile Hybrid system warranty expires....

How about $3900.00 installed for a '05 Prius battery?  How many people know that Hybrid's have a separate "Cabin Filter" for the battery compartment??  Or putting '09 Malibu's in New Mexico , Arizona &  Utah with no spare tires or jacks??  You see...There is no room for them in the vehicle ..... :roll:   And the "flat tires" you get in those remote areas  cannot be resolved with the "fix-a-flat" that comes with the car....Who covers  the $350.00-- $550.00  tow to get the car to the nearest replacement tire  :?:   OUCH  :!:  :!:    A LOT of fuel must be saved to cover those kind of "adventures"...... :roll:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"We are starting to have issues with some of the Hybrid's in our fleets as they gain mileage ..People looking to buy in the used car sector don't realize the cost of repairs once the 8yr /100K mile Hybrid system warranty expires....

How about $3900.00 installed for a '05 Prius battery?  How many people know that Hybrid's have a separate "Cabin Filter" for the battery compartment??  Or putting '09 Malibu's in New Mexico , Arizona &  Utah with no spare tires or jacks??  You see...There is no room for them in the vehicle ..... :roll:   And the "flat tires" you get in those remote areas  cannot be resolved with the "fix-a-flat" that comes with the car....Who covers  the $350.00-- $550.00  tow to get the car to the nearest replacement tire  :?:   OUCH  :!:  :!:    A LOT of fuel must be saved to cover those kind of "adventures"...... :roll:

Bob....... :wink:

A fellow at work traded off his Camry hybrid synergy drive car.  Near 90k miles on it.

he siad the cost of a   hybrid  battery failure was something he could not get out of his mind.  So...... he bought new  a Honda Civic

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"I saw this commercial with the rodents, Kia  and toaster.

I safely say I do not get it.
Some things just weren't to be Tony :wink:
George