Just a post of some memories.

Started by Carnut, July 12, 2010, 11:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

In an effort to participate in the post count marathon, I thought I would post these pics.

They just bring back such nostalgia to me.

Not sure how many folks are aware of our local legend Dave Stuckey, but he is kinda big in my life. Dave recently visited and provided me some pics he has from his past to post.

These particular pics are memorable to me and local Wichita folks because they bring together the local cars of Dave Stuckey and Daryle Starbird on the floor of our memorable local legend showplace called the Forum which no longer exists.

Also happens to be in one pic the original Ed Roth Outlaw roadster that I never remember seeing with a Top fitted on it.

heh, heh, I took particular notice as well of the dress of the guys and gals attending. The Car Club/Speed Shop 'Jackets' were particularly big in those days. As well as the prominent Pompedor Hairdo on one guy and the very long tight skirt on one gal.

Oh yeah, in one pic the trophy stage is in the upper right of the photo and that stage is where I first saw Roy Orbison in person, that's also a memorable event for me. Heh, heh I also happened to be lucky enough to walk across that stage on occasion.

If anyone is curious I do have some info about Dave Stuckey here

http://carnut.com/photo/garage/stuckey/stucp1.html

Carps

Great pics, thanx for posting them.

I wonder how many viewers realise that the sevcerely channelled deuce in those pics is Stuckey's most famous creation, the li'll Coffin?

I think the reason you never saw Roth's Outlaw with the top is because it sucked.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The blue car, is that Starbird's 'Superfleck Moonbird'?   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carnut

heh, heh, yeah, the blue car is Starbirds Predicta Bubble top Show Car.

Here's a pic of it's current form with Daryl at the 'Stick'.