Super Run 2010, Brandon MB (pics)

Started by Boyd Who, August 03, 2010, 08:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

That's funny because there is a 31 Vicky here in Canberra the exact same colour and wheels as that one.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Rochie

Hey Al,
I see you snuck a pic of the Essex and Phil and his wife in there.  We were coming home from Victoria and there was a discussion about running up to Brandon, but we were allready passed it.

Boyd Who

Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoyed the pics. As you can tell, my camera is very biased over what it points at. LOL

It was a very enjoyable weekend. That polished roadster p/u was incredible! It was hand-built by a young fellow whose first trade is NOT sheetmetal work. Hard to believe...the details in it were amazing. He also built the "666" truck that's pictured. The chassis details on that one were beautiful as well.

Lots of great people at the show. Phil and his wife (with the brown '31 Vicky from Illinois) were very nice to chat with. I'd love to be able to take the Essex on trips like he does! I also ran into a few people I hadn't seen in almost 30 years. That was pretty cool. :)

Rochie...it's too bad you missed the show. You would have enjoyed it. Maybe in 2013?? :)

Ths was the last event for the Essex for a few years. The rear-end is pretty much gone and I doubt it would survive another highway trip. It was howling like crazy and I noticed the diff cover was very hot after we got home. The second that  the new shop is completed in a month or so the truck will be completely disassembled for a complete rebuild. Time for some much needed changes!

Boyd Who

Here's a few more shots of the aluminum rpu...

The "pleats" have stitching embossed on the seams!!

rx4ord

Thanks for the great pics. That alloy jigger is brilliant. Well done to the builder. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

jaybee

Wow, lots of way cool stuff there, and that RPU is amazing.  Thanks for showing off your shutter work.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Very nice bunch of cars Al.  Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.  I like the things your biased camera points at. :lol: The setting for that show is really nice too.

There's a lot of nice home built cars in Canada.  We see many of them come through Michigan and the workmanship has that Canadian flair to it.  Hard to explain, but in my opinion there is more creative use of used car parts and less money thrown at the cars.  I like that.

Thanks again.
George

FRANKIE47

Nice pictures fer sure, looks to be a fun time...really liked the exhaust on the blue?rpu, it looks sculpted.

Boyd Who

Thanks guys! I can't wait till the show comes back in 2013. I hope to have my Essex completely redone by then.  :D