Looking At 4 Post Lifts ......And......

Started by 40, July 13, 2010, 11:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'd like to know what you guys are using. I am leaning toward a Bend-Pac but have also done a bit of research on BackYard Buddy,Direct Lift and a couple of others. I assume I'll get what I pay for but I'd like some opinions. Man......It's been forever since I have posted on this Forum.....I better nose around a bit and see what everyone has been up to!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Been missing you, that's what I've been up to.

KKOA in Salina, KS next weekend and then Speed Week in B'ville starting Aug 13th.  Gonna see you around anywhere this summer??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Been missing you, that's what I've been up to.

KKOA in Salina, KS next weekend and then Speed Week in B'ville starting Aug 13th.  Gonna see you around anywhere this summer??

Hey....Good to hear you're still hanging around here....I haven't been to a single car function this Summer.....Been extremely busy pounding nails....Doesn't look good for the rest of the Summer either  :x  We are leaving in a few days for a trip with the Grandkids thru the Black Hills,Yellowstone and The Tetons....probably a similar route that you took a few years ago.Two 13 year olds and my wife together in the Van for 8 or 10 days may make me appreciate how busy I am at work  :shock: I am going to try and make an event or two later in the Summer....Any chance you're coming anywhere close on your trip to B'Ville? You know there is always a soft bed,hot shower and something cold in the fridge if you get close!Hope our paths cross somewhere down the road yet this year........Better call it a night.....That damned rooster crows pretty early in the morning !

enjenjo

I was wondering about you, we have not heard from you for some time. So the building business is good there? Not much of it going on here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48ford

I have a 4 post.
It was built by a company called auto lifters.
I have used it for years.
The problem with the lifts is in the pully system.Mine came with plastic pullys/bronze bushings,Well that did not last long,and when one broke,I would call and they would send me one,this went on for a few years,then I used one for a pattern and turned a bunch up out of steel.This was better ,but the bushing kept waring and taking out the pullys,so I cut out all the centers and got sealed bearings.now I got a good lift.
S owhen you go to buy,please check out the pully systems,as this is the week spot on the lifts.
Hope this helps
Russ

sirstude

I also have an autolifters. but mine came with steel pullies and sealed bearings, it was one of the last ones before they went bankrupt.  The guys in the shop bought the company and kept it open for a couple of more years, but I noticed a few months ago, they are closed again.  Too bad, I really like the hoist.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

tom36

I bought a Direct Lift and it has worked out fine.  I don't know how I got along without it.  2 of my friends saw mine and liked it enough that they also bought one,  Tom...

enjenjo

I don't have a lift, but mt buddy has 4 in his repair shop that are used every day. He has both two and 4 post lifts, and is using Bendpac all the way, and has no problems with them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Quote from: "enjenjo"I was wondering about you, we have not heard from you for some time. So the building business is good there? Not much of it going on here.

Hey Frank....Sounds like you're staying busy for a retired old fart! Last year the new construction in our area was almost non-existent and we spent the entire year doing additions/remodels.This year has been better,the commercial building has all but stopped except for new banks,churches and schools....guess we know who has all of our money!The new home construction has picked up a bit this year but is certainly no where near what it was a couple of years ago.I am finding enough work to keep myself and my guys busy but I am forced to bid the jobs very tight as there are 10 or 12 General Contractors bidding every job.To compensate,I have limited the guys to a 40hr work week which usually requires me to work a few extra hours most nights and weekends to stay on schedule and still make a living.We have been in this house nearly 2 years so it's time to put it on the market and build another new home for us.....not sure with the current market conditions how that will work...guess we will see.Maybe if it works out,we'll see you guys in KZoo this Fall.

Quote from: "tom36"I bought a Direct Lift and it has worked out fine.  I don't know how I got along without it.  2 of my friends saw mine and liked it enough that they also bought one,  Tom...

Tom ,I was looking at Direct Lift also.....I don't intend to bolt mine to the shop floor and have been told that the lift is not very stable free standing.Have you experienced any problems with your lift? It definitely is available at a very appealing price.....Thanks for the reply!

Leon

I've had a Backyard Buddy for 12 years and haven't had any problem with it.  I do like the fact that I can move it outside for powerwashing the underside of a vehicle when I return from Bonneville.

tom36

Quote from: "40"
Quote from: "tom36"I bought a Direct Lift and it has worked out fine.  I don't know how I got along without it.  2 of my friends saw mine and liked it enough that they also bought one,  Tom...

Tom ,I was looking at Direct Lift also.....I don't intend to bolt mine to the shop floor and have been told that the lift is not very stable free standing.Have you experienced any problems with your lift? It definitely is available at a very appealing price.....Thanks for the reply!

I haven't had any problems with mine.  Mine is on a reasonably level concrete floor and I don't have any stability issues.  I saw them at a show from Greg Smith Equipment in Indiana.    I saw one on grass with a car on it!  I wouldn't go that far but the salesman didn't seem to mind walking round under it.   I've had mine over 6 years now with no issuses and it does get used.   My wife bought me for Christmas one year, the jack that fits between the rails,and has extendable arms  so you can raise the wheels off the lift.  handy for brake work etc...  Tom...