Trunk lid supports

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 26, 2010, 02:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm looking for some trunk  support struts for my '40 Chevy convert. The ones I have are 33" extended and 18" collapsed. I've had them on the car for close to 25 years and they finally gave up. I have absolutely no idea what the original application was.

Does anyone know of a website that lists them by size and/or capacity?

Thanks,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

NAPA in their parts and accessopies catalog have a couple different lengths, and a ton of weight ratings from 10 to 50 lbs. You can mix and match to get it right. They are listed as tool box lid supports.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

I ordered a couple of Monroe units from Rockauto. Should be here Wednesday. I'll let you guys know how they work out. A pair from them was just a couple bucks more than one from other places.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

QuoteA pair from them was just a couple bucks more than one from other places.

I found that to be the same when I ordered a pair for the  Mrs.  Astro Van ...Kinda hard to beat the prices from there ..Watch your E-Mail for the "Discount Coupon" for your next order ...It will help when things are needed for other projects..... :D

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****