04 up CV front suspension swaps..

Started by wayne petty, June 28, 2010, 10:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

i was over on another forum...

i answered a question about front suspensions...

ran across this link...

http://www.texasmotorsfordparts.com/schematics/J/JA03080.gif

shows the 05 to 10 Crown Vic frame components..

item #5 is the part that a few people have been swapping onto trucks...

according to the web site.. i got the link from... item #5 is only 50 bucks..

Front c member    03-10   $67.55       $50.16

a cross member.. bare..  there are a lot of parts to bolt onto it..  but this would allow one to pick parts from several cars that might have damage to one side or the other..

or even from CV fleet parts suppliers..

this is just an idea...

enjenjo

You have any idea of the tread width on a CV?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

link to an install on a 67 ford truck... with pictures...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/716058-buildup-06-crown-vic-front-suspension-into-67-f100.html

most of the pictures are on the first page..

last time i checked the mirror... it looked like the CHP car had a 81 inch wide tire spacing..   as the  CV was filling my mirror..  good thing they had all the flashing spinning lights on top.. or i would not have noticed..

actually... there are chp cars out infront of my building everyday..

waiting for people to run the stop sign at the end of the offramp..

one stayed for a few hours.. i watched.. he averaged about 4 minutes between tickets... he used to spend a LOT more time out in front.. until he went round the corner watching his prey..  and the next guy to come though the stop sign almost T boned him in the drivers door..  and he never saw him ... the blood looked like it drained from his face when i told him.. , i hate to say that 5 have been lost in the last few weeks.. 2 or 3 from people speeding down the shoulder of the road to get past traffic..

Mac

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have any idea of the tread width on a CV?

Reading thru some of the link Wayne posted I found someone stated the tread width as 63.4".
I 've never been clear if tread (or track) width is measured at outside tire, tire centerline, wheel mounting surface or just where.  :?
Who\'s yer Data?

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have any idea of the tread width on a CV?
And you asked first. I used to think you could just go to the tread width in a Motor Manual but any more with so many vehicles running negative off-set wheels you can't get an easy answer. Would be great if there was a         hub-to-hub measurement chart like there is for 9" rear ends. Might also be useful to know the bolt pattern on the hubs. When everyone started down-sizing and going to 4 lug wheels and metric patterns I started being more confused than usually. Some other sites will just tell you "I removed six bolts and slid the whole chunk under my ? and it worked great". I like to know a little bit more. GPster