New member from Downunder

Started by sal37, July 16, 2004, 06:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry@Graffiti

Hey long time since I have been on here, trip to Europe, too much work etc and then trouble logging on again. All okay now but still too much work.
Looks like an Aussie invasion at Louisville this year, there are about 12 coming with me and I know of quite a few others too. I imagine the RRT shade tent will be in the usual place? Same old trick as past years, if you see a guy with a yellow shirt that has Graffiti written across the back, that's me, tap me on the shoulder.

purplepickup

Welcome to RRT Steve.  This is a good place to hang out.   I hope to run into you and the other guys from down under at Louisville and Bonneville.
:b-d:
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "Larry@Graffiti"Hey long time since I have been on here, trip to Europe, too much work etc and then trouble logging on again. All okay now but still too much work.
Looks like an Aussie invasion at Louisville this year, there are about 12 coming with me and I know of quite a few others too. I imagine the RRT shade tent will be in the usual place? Same old trick as past years, if you see a guy with a yellow shirt that has Graffiti written across the back, that's me, tap me on the shoulder.

That's the plan Larry, may have to modify location depending on the new building they put up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sal37

Thanks for the welcome.  I am looking forward to the trip.  We are going to pack a fair bit in, trouble is our respective partners would not be too happy if we extended our time in the US :(  :( .  The bank balance is the other limiting factor.  
I need to get my shopping list in order so that I can get some of the parts that I need.  Is it OK to shop at some of the traders stands at the Louisville nationals or should I wait and purchase items from regular outlets??  Is there a swap meet at the nationals,?? If so are the prices OK or a rip off??

Steve

47wood

welcome to the RRT ...enjoy!    :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

purplepickup

Quote from: "sal37"Is it OK to shop at some of the traders stands at the Louisville nationals or should I wait and purchase items from regular outlets??  Is there a swap meet at the nationals,?? If so are the prices OK or a rip off??

Steve

In my opinion it's a real good idea to shop at the vendors as Louisville.  They usually have show specials on a lot of stuff and sometimes it's nice that you can talk to them if you're not quite sure what you want.  

There's a good swap there too.  The prices can be good and bad.  I've got some good deals the first day.
George

Rayvyn

Quote from: "sal37"Hi
I have been lurking in the background for some time and have enjoyed the highs and the lows of all the members of this forum.  I thought it was time to say Hi especially seeing that I will be in the US for three weeks in August 2004 (with Pope Downunder) - Louisville Nationals and Bonneville among other great places and hope to meet some of you.

I'm currently working on a 37 Ford Club Coupe.  The chassis work is pretty complete but the body needs some work (EMS panels arriving shortly).  I want to build the car with a nostalga look - white walls, etc but with modern, hopefully reliable running gear (350 chev, T700, 9").

Regards

Steve

Aloha Steve, and welcome. Lookin' forward to seein' you at Louisville. At least you aren't running with Dolly, Choco, Carps, and the likes of that mob!! :D  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Quote from: "sal37"Thanks for the welcome.  I am looking forward to the trip.  We are going to pack a fair bit in, trouble is our respective partners would not be too happy if we extended our time in the US :(  :( .  The bank balance is the other limiting factor.  
I need to get my shopping list in order so that I can get some of the parts that I need.  Is it OK to shop at some of the traders stands at the Louisville nationals or should I wait and purchase items from regular outlets??  Is there a swap meet at the nationals,?? If so are the prices OK or a rip off??

Steve

Most of the vendor have good deals at the nationals, and there is a big swap meet. the vendors can ship your stuff when they get home, but many of them have the stock with them. there are facilities to ship UPS right on the grounds. We normally set up near the swap meet, so we often act as a drop off point for our people, and we promise not to sell it unless you get a profit. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "sal37"Thanks for the welcome.  I am looking forward to the trip.  We are going to pack a fair bit in, trouble is our respective partners would not be too happy if we extended our time in the US :(  :( .  The bank balance is the other limiting factor.  

Steve

Steve, I am going to buy alot of parts in Louisville. Every big vendor in streetrodding has a booth at the Nats, and usualy places like RodParts Warehouse have some real good deals goin on at the Nats. There is a swap meet but I dont think its very good. I never bought anything there.

Nick