Blanding...B'ville...Race Car

Started by 1FATGMC, July 16, 2004, 04:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

It looks like Hooley and John are going to get the Stude done in time for B'ville and they will be able to leave Okl/Mo sooner than expected for the trip west.  They will get into Blanding sometime on Thursday and since we want to get to the salt if possible that same day I probably will only be around Thursday morning to take anyone out ruin hunting that comes this way.

Right now I think there are only a couple of you coming to Blanding and you will probably arrive on Tuesday or Wed. , so doing something won't be a problem.

If anyone is coming please let me know (Dusty and George I know your plans).

c ya, Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

I won't be coming this year, I just can't afford it.  Hopefully next year   :(
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "1FATGMC"It looks like Hooley and John are going to get the Stude done in time for B'ville and they will be able to leave Okl/Mo sooner than expected for the trip west.  They will get into Blanding sometime on Thursday and since we want to get to the salt if possible that same day I probably will only be around Thursday morning to take anyone out ruin hunting that comes this way.

Right now I think there are only a couple of you coming to Blanding and you will probably arrive on Tuesday or Wed. , so doing something won't be a problem.

If anyone is coming please let me know (Dusty and George I know your plans).

c ya, Sum

Look's like I won't make it to the salt this year, not enough time.  I was going to fly out, but short on money also.  Get ready Sum, cause I'll be comen next year!  By the time you get your lakester ready I should be retired and can be of some assistance all week if needed.  After the time I had last year, I will be missing the salt a lot, this year. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"It looks like Hooley and John are going to get the Stude done in time for B'ville.......
If you guys need a pit helper/gopher I'm willing and able.... :D

We'll sure miss you guys and gals that can't make it.  Heck, I can't afford it either but this is a visa moment.  Another trip to Bonneville.....priceless  :mrgreen:

28 days & counting.....  :wink:
George

Leon

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I won't be coming this year, I just can't afford it.  Hopefully next year   :(
Sorry to hear you won't be there, we'll miss you.

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I won't be coming this year, I just can't afford it.  Hopefully next year   :(

dam i was going to bring my speedo :shock:  :oops:

can you send some cookies with someone :)  :)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"It looks like Hooley and John are going to get the Stude done in time for B'ville.......
If you guys need a pit helper/gopher I'm willing and able.... :D

We'll sure miss you guys and gals that can't make it.  Heck, I can't afford it either but this is a visa moment.  Another trip to Bonneville.....priceless  :mrgreen:

28 days & counting.....  :wink:

George, are you coming back by my place for the drags?  I am trying to have everything set so that I will be ready for the drags when I get back from Bonneville.  This week or next I have to make a tow bar for the Dart.  I want to flat tow it to the drags and then run it and the tow vehicle(the truck) the same day.  I have always wanted to do that.  We also need to have our own private yearly truck match race.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1FATGMC

Quote from: "purplepickup"If you guys need a pit helper/gopher I'm willing and able.... :D

George we are counting on you  :D .

Denise and Ken we will miss you.  Hopefully in two years Ken I'll need your help with the lakester.

c ya soon,  Sum

Dusty

Sum,  
Lillie and I will be available for "backup" on just about anything.
We can discuss it in Blanding.  We will set up the canopy at the 4 mile marker with the American flag on it.  Anyone wanting to sit in some shade, it will be available.  Unless you need another wrencher or gopher, you'll find us at the canopy.  We are leaving this coming Friday for our camp in the Allegheny Mt's, then straight to Blanding from there, so we will be there Tue or Wed before the convoy day.  

We smoke tested the new roller bearing, Steel wool burner for the "Bend in the Road" festivities....Fantastic...Denise will miss seeing it.

Does anyone have any Scanner Freq's for B'Ville (race track) not police?  I haven't found any on the web.  For any Hams going, I'll have HF and VHF,UHF.....

We'll call one more time Sum before we leave Camp.....

CUL
Benny, WB5TYZ
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
George, are you coming back by my place for the drags?
I'd like to if it's ok.

We also need to have our own private yearly truck match race.
...if you let me change out my gears in your shop.  I'm considering bringing my 3.76 posi center section to race with.  The 3.36 one legger just doesn't get it against your setup.  That's a lot of messing around tho.  I'm not sure I'll be up to it after driving to Bonneville and back.
George

Slick 50

[/quote]
...if you let me change out my gears in your shop.

I'm not sure I'll be up to it after driving to Bonneville and back.[/quote]

I'll be glad to help, if you like, George. Give me a call when you get there.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

WZ JUNK

I'd like to if it's ok.

...if you let me change out my gears in your shop.  I'm considering bringing my 3.76 posi center section to race with.  The 3.36 one legger just doesn't get it against your setup.  That's a lot of messing around tho.  I'm not sure I'll be up to it after driving to Bonneville and back.

I would say bring it along and we will see if we are up to it when the time comes.  School starts Wednesday of that week so I will be driving the bus some and you will be on your own.  I wanted to do some work on the Dart and on my truck before Bonneville.  I will just see how the time goes.  I want to adapt my tow bar to the Dart and put a hitch on my truck, so that I can take them both to the drags.  It does not look like I will have the time.  I have decide to just go at it everything at a slower pace.  The events of the weekend have changed my attitude some.  I might just have some one take the Dart to the strip with my truck and trailer as I might need my daily driver at the strip anyway.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

purplepickup

Yeah, I'll throw the pig in a milk crate and bring it, then we'll see how it goes John.    Getting the gears in won't be the problem....switching them back to road gears after racing and before I leave for home early Sunday AM, will be the hassle.  It only takes about an hour but if it's hot like last year, my butt will be dragging after a day at MOKAN.

Thanks for the offer Ken, I might take you up on it Friday if you're looking for a way to kill some time.
George

1FATGMC

I'd like to if it's ok.

I would say bring it along and we will see if we are up to it when the time comes.  School starts Wednesday of that week so I will be driving the bus some and you will be on your own.  I wanted to do some work on the Dart and on my truck before Bonneville.  I will just see how the time goes.  I want to adapt my tow bar to the Dart and put a hitch on my truck, so that I can take them both to the drags.  It does not look like I will have the time.  I have decide to just go at it everything at a slower pace.  The events of the weekend have changed my attitude some.  I might just have some one take the Dart to the strip with my truck and trailer as I might need my daily driver at the strip anyway.

John does school start in the middle of speedweek?

I don't know about that flat-towing idea.  It sounds like a fun thing, but there is a reason they went to trailers.  I would sure hate to see you and both vehicles in the ditch  :cry: .  Be careful.

I almost have all the tow-bar and the in-car mount for it finished.  Another couple hours and I'll be able to send the mount to Hooley, probably Wed.  I work at the store 12 hours today, but only 6 tomorrow.

I think your idea about slowing down is a good one.  I've tried to slow down some and use more realistic completion dates and I feel better and enjoy messing in the garden and other things more without feeling like I'm falling behind.

c ya, Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"Yeah, I'll throw the pig in a milk crate and bring it, then we'll see how it goes John.    Getting the gears in won't be the problem....switching them back to road gears after racing and before I leave for home early Sunday AM, will be the hassle.  It only takes about an hour but if it's hot like last year, my butt will be dragging after a day at MOKAN.

Thanks for the offer Ken, I might take you up on it Friday if you're looking for a way to kill some time.

The new air conditioner is in the shop and working.  Life is good.  I am not much on late nights anymore but we could make the switch early Sunday morning or I could give you moral support late Saturday night.  We will make it work someway.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck