Insurance

Started by UGLY OLDS, March 25, 2010, 08:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Hate to open an old wound ...BUT....Does anyone know anything about  "American National Family of Insurance Companies " ???

It seems the " Speciality Car Division" of Sneed Robinson & Gerber has been sold to them...  This is the company that provides the "CHROME" insurance package. It is also now the Official Product Sponsor of NSRA, the same way S/N&G was in the past.

I have had S/R&G on all of our street rods since 1976 without ANY issues whatsoever.. We had 1 claim awhile back , ( Kidd's car) , & they handled it much better than expected. We were very pleased with the service & the rates were always in line ..  I've seen the threads on Grundy ..Hagerty..Etc . I have never heard of this company ..

Any Idea's ?????

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Okiedokie

Isn't it CHROME? Seems like I have seen their ads. Don't know anything about them, but willing to bet it will be more restrictive than my long time Sneed coverage. I will be looking to Grundy for replacement policies on mine. Joe

enjenjo

No experience with Chrome, but bad problems with AMFAM auto insurance 20 years ago. I don't even consider them now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

A friend became an agent for them about 10 yrs ago, at that time you had to insure a daily driver inorder to insure a street rod. Every thing was fine as long as we were sending $ to them then we got some hail damage on our daily & were very dissatified with the way we were treated. Needless to say, we took our business elsewhere.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

Does Hagerty or Grundy have any " Strange" rules for coverage ??  I know they will not cover something used daily ...I have heard rumors of "stopping at the store on the way home from a car show becoming an "errand" & things of that nature ....Like Joe said ...Sneed has been good ..Don't drive it every day & keep it in a locked  garage when not at overnight shows ....No other questions...Thats kinda hard to beat ..... 8)
Thanks...

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

I have 103,000 miles with Grundy on Big Olds.  I drive the * outta my car.  Grundy knows exactly how many miles I drive each year and where I go.  How do they know that?  They've done a couple of articles on me and Big Olds for their publications and I've been interviewed at different times for articles and marketing material.  I can't imagine using anyone else.  The coverage is unbeatable and their customer serevice rocks.  I have never heard of anyone having any issue getting a claim paid.

I had Hagerty before Grundy, same coverage just alittle more expensive.

BTW, I stop at the store on my way home from cruzn Big Olds around, I drive him to work every now and then, I park him out in the open when on trips, a friends house overnight, etc.  No where in my contract does it state my car is not covered at a certain place EXCEPT on a drag strip, race track or "exhibtion of speed".  He's covered 24/7/365 days a year no matter where I drive him.

Call Grundy directly and ask them to send you a contract so you can read for yourself the exact details then you can make the decision that is best for you and your car.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Does Hagerty or Grundy have any " Strange" rules for coverage ??  I know they will not cover something used daily ..:

There is a difference between a "daily driver" and "used daily".  Big Olds is not my daily driver as I have a late model BUT from just about now till mid-Oct I drive Big Olds just about "daily".  I just got home tonight from cruzn Big Olds around town stopping at the auto parts store to hang out with some car pals.  Tomorrow night after work I'll cruz him to Depot Town in Ypsi for burgers at the local tavern.  Will probably head to Woodward on Friday night to see what's happening and on Saturday night will head downtown to Slow's for some BBQ....all in Big Olds.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.