A wild ride

Started by phat rat, March 15, 2010, 02:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Can you imagine what it would be like to ride this and nail it.

http://nd.craigslist.org/mcy/1631419864.html
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I saw a youtube video. Pretty easy to smoke the tire until there was nothing left.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Thats got to be like riding an engine stand .... :shock:

Can you imagine if it ever hooked up???? :roll:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tomslik

you guys ever seen one in person?
seen one a few years ago at the "nut run"(mmmmmm tasty!)
the word "huge" comes to mind...
god help ya if you ever laid it down...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat46

Quote from: "tomslik"you guys ever seen one in person?
seen one a few years ago at the "nut run"(mmmmmm tasty!)
the word "huge" comes to mind...
god help ya if you ever laid it down...

Yeah, there was one at a local car show a while back, they are big, don't think it would be much of a canyon carver. I do believe though that Jay Lenos jet powered bike could beat it top end... :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"I do believe though that Jay Lenos jet powered bike could beat it top end... :lol:
.....and who would have the cajones to be the riders in that race. :shock:
George

39deluxe

They had a display at the Detroit Autorama a few years ago. The lady I talked to said she preferred the small block as the big block made you spread your legs too wide. She also said that the center of gravity is low enough that a woman can ride one of these without any problems.

Crosley.In.AZ

The jet powered bike has been run to 249 mph   that I saw on Utube.

There are some videos of guys that run large displacement all aluminum small blocks in the Boss Hoss bikes.  The videos show show these guys whacking the throttle wide open at speed around 45 - 60 mph.  The rear tire goes up in smoke.

Looks like fun
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "phat46"I do believe though that Jay Lenos jet powered bike could beat it top end... :lol:
.....and who would have the cajones to be the riders in that race. :shock:
" Cast iron jockey strap required"
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

sirstude

Yeah, there was one at a local car show a while back, they are big, don't think it would be much of a canyon carver. I do believe though that Jay Lenos jet powered bike could beat it top end... :lol:[/quote]

I looked into them a few years ago, thought they were pretty neat.  The small block on weighs less than a Honda Goldwing by 50 pounds or so.  There was a 502 one here a couple of years ago at a show too.  I like them because they are my size.  I look like a monkey with a football on most bikes.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "sirstude"The small block on weighs less than a Honda Goldwing by 50 pounds or so.  There was a 502 one here a couple of years ago at a show too.  I like them because they are my size.  I look like a monkey with a football on most bikes.

Doug

that would be incorrect on the  weight..

A Goldwing 1800 ( I owned 2 of them) is around 850 - 900  wet.

The Boss Hoss is a  fuzz over 1100 pounds
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)