'72 Ford-302 heads on a '78

Started by butch27, February 16, 2010, 11:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

I'm trashing the '78 smog engine heads and got a great deal on some '72 Mustang heads #2E30. Will I need a smog block off on these and are they an improvement? Thanks

Old Blue

I'm curious as to this as well.  I have a 72 Maverick donor car with a 302 -C4 and 8" that will be harvested for my roadster.

I will eventually build the little 302 as a 331 stroker and may decide to go with aluminum heads.

My question is are aluminum heads a vast improvement over even my 72 - 302 heads ?

Harry

I heard a rumor....early '90's Ford Explorers have GT heads.
Any truth in this?

chimp koose

old blue, YES new aluminum heads are a vast improvement over the old stuff. Do some online research on the type you may be interested in as some cheapo stuff out there is really of poor quality.

Old Blue

Quote from: "chimp koose"old blue, YES new aluminum heads are a vast improvement over the old stuff. Do some online research on the type you may be interested in as some cheapo stuff out there is really of poor quality.

I've been thinking it would be hard to go wrong with Edelbrock.

wayne petty

the last few years of the 5.0 explorer had great looking exhaust ports without a air injection hump...

i had a 95 or so explorer motor in my 83 t bird.. the heads did have a GT mark on the left upper surface...