Washer nozzels

Started by Okiedokie, February 08, 2010, 02:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

I would like to install windshield washers on my 53 F100. It seems like I remember something about some adjustable ones, but can't recall the details. Any one have any ideas? Joe

enjenjo

I have seen many 50s cars with adjustable washer nozzles, most of them fit in a hole on the cowl, next to the wiper transmission.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Okiedokie

Thanks, I'll start looking. Joe

UGLY OLDS

Look halfway down this page on the left side ....LOTS of neat stuff in this catalog .... 8)

Bob.......... :wink:

ftp://www.rustrepair.com:24/stepvanpdf/univwiper.pdf
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Okiedokie

Thanks again Bob, some ideas there for sure. Joe

zzford

Aircooled VW's came with a unit that had two jets and they were adjustable,

Okiedokie

I did some searching and found a dual jet for Bugs and others, but no mention of adjustabilty. The ones for Vanagons look good if angle was close. Seems like it might be. Thanks for the tip. Joe

zzford

The beetle nozzles are fully adjustable.

58 Yeoman

The Beetle nozzles had two jets in one housing, which would be centered on to the windshield.  You stick the end of a paper clip into the holes to adjust the direction of the spray (think BB with a hole drilled through it).  Pretty slick.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Okiedokie

Ok, paper clip explains adjustment, thanks.

jaybee

I see some bits on those links regarding wet arms.  I've always liked those because they work well and think they ought to be a good option for a car that doesn't have wiper nozzles.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee"I see some bits on those links regarding wet arms.  I've always liked those because they work well and think they ought to be a good option for a car that doesn't have wiper nozzles.

Most wet arm nozzles snap onto the arm, so you can install them on most arms. then you just run a small hose up through the arm from the base.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "jaybee"I see some bits on those links regarding wet arms.  I've always liked those because they work well and think they ought to be a good option for a car that doesn't have wiper nozzles.

QuoteMost wet arm nozzles snap onto the arm, so you can install them on most arms. then you just run a small hose up through the arm from the base.

And if you're REAL lucky , when driving at highway speeds the washer solvent will freeze in the little hose on the wiper arm ...( Cold temp & wind chill from speed) ...I fought that on my '87 GMC for 2 years ..Thought I was going nuts .... :?  Changed it over to the earlier  "mount from under the hood" squirters ....Problem solved !!

Bob ....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Can't say I've experienced that Bob, but it's been a while since I've had a car with wet arms and it wouldn't surprise me a bit.  People like to say that wind chill has no effect on inanimate objects but they're full of it.

O/T to what you're describing I've had some frustrating experiences over the last couple of years with wiper fluid that apparently is nothing but blue water, and freezes the moment it gets below freezing.  A close look at some of the bottles will find them labeled something like "Protects to 30*".  Big whoop, it's 27 here right now and when I go out my coat is likely to be open because it feels so much better than most of the last 2 months.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

I've got a couple jugs of the blue stuff, and when I brought one in from the shop back when it was 16* out, it had ice in it.  I filled the gas tank up today, and the blue stuff at the station was icy.  Yeah, protects to -20*....right. :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil