1958 EDSEL WANTED

Started by parklane, February 09, 2010, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parklane

If this is not allowed, than remove it. But since the classified ads aren't working, I figured i would post here.
WANTED 1958 EDSEL 2 DOOR. Can be a coupe, hardtop or wagon, as long as it's a driver. Don't need a rotted out, beat up project POS. Thanks for looking
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

parklane

Thanks Wayne - gots lots more to choose from now  :D

parklane

Quote from: "Danimal"58 Villager on the HAMB

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4908391&highlight=edsel#post4908391

Ya, I've seen it, but it's a 4 door, not 2
Thanks anyway.

Danimal

Quote from: "parklane"
Quote from: "Danimal"58 Villager on the HAMB

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4908391&highlight=edsel#post4908391

Ya, I've seen it, but it's a 4 door, not 2
Thanks anyway.

Yep, wasn't paying attention.

Carnut

oh since the topic is Edsels, just thought I would throw this one out.

Anyone ever seen a 59 Edsel Retractable hardtop before?

UGLY OLDS

YEOW... :!:   Someone had to put a TON of work into that one ...I don't ever remember them as being "factory" ....For that matter, I don't remember the '59 Edsel being that popular ....The '58 reputation had ruined it by then ....At least thats what the "old Guy's " have told me .... :)

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

parklane

Well someone emailed me with a comment on my original post. I specified that we didn't want a POS, and he said they were like that when new. I replied to him that everyone needs a good $hit every once in a while  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Carnut

Well, now, I"m sure Edsels weren't any more POS than the Fords and Mercurys they were derived from.

They were just ugly.... er... distinctive like Pontiac Aztecs in a market niche that really didn't exist.