Changing a Lightbulb or is that Light Bulb?

Started by Carps, July 05, 2004, 04:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "phat46"I was wondering that myself, when Enjenjo said that's what he did.  But then just figured well, this is the guy who cuts his lawn nekkid, which paints a real ugly picture of what it'd be like to see him changin a lightbulb.   :shock:

...especially if you had to hold the stepladder for him.....

if he starts falling just let him fall :shock:  

don't go reaching for anything to try and stop the fall :?  :D  :?  :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "phat46"I was wondering that myself, when Enjenjo said that's what he did.  But then just figured well, this is the guy who cuts his lawn nekkid, which paints a real ugly picture of what it'd be like to see him changin a lightbulb.   :shock:

...especially if you had to hold the stepladder for him.....

if he starts falling just let him fall :shock:  

don't go reaching for anything to try and stop the fall :?  :D  :?  :D

later jim

That would be a sight. A Manatee perched on a step ladder... :D  :D  :D

Don't worry: there's nothing there to grab if he does fall... :cry:  :D

I've seen him fall over, but he never hits the ground. After all, weebles wobble but they don't fall down...

Just imagine this while you're trying to fall asleep tonight. Enjenjo mowing the lawn naked in 90* heat and all the grass sticking to him; kinda like seeing a 300 pound welcome mat walking across the lawn... :shock:  :oops:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Carps"

And at the same time you are doing what?

Mounting your Optima battery wasn't it?     :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You must have me confused with Bryan, I don't have an Optima. Of course he doesn't have one either, he just mounts his neighbors. :twisted:

If you could see what a few of my neighbors look like, you'd know that ain't a far stretch from the truth...!! We gots them REAL Dollies down here-the ones that make the Hooters girls look like they been dragged through the fugly part of town... :b-d:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Sean

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Just imagine this while you're trying to fall asleep tonight. Enjenjo mowing the lawn naked in 90* heat and all the grass sticking to him; kinda like seeing a 300 pound welcome mat walking across the lawn... :shock:  :oops:  :lol:

Thats an image I could have done without....

And thats just like Carps. Haven't heard a word out of him for quite some time, but as soon as he shows up he starts stirring the pot again. At least he is consistent....

Rayvyn

And thats just like Carps. Haven't heard a word out of him for quite some time, but as soon as he shows up he starts stirring the pot again. At least he is consistent....[/quote]

Yeah-Dolly probably told him to take a peek over here to see if anyone was talking about her. It probably made her madder than a wet straw hen to see that no one mentioned her at all!!

The Kiwis and Auzzys didn't pay their electric bill and their board was shut off fer a few days. I guess they got a new hamster for the wheel, 'cause I see they're up and running again... Either that or someone posted a real life picture of Choco on the board and their ISP got the dry heaves... :x  :lol:  :lol:

OH OH, footsteps...
Gotta go.
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

***SFC-Team Smart***

OzRod

Ok guys before we get side tracked again I would like to share some important information about light bulbs or lamps. Lets get one thing straight. Before we get too carried away about this topic there seems to be some controversy about what a light bulb is and what a lamp is.

Lets take a closer look at some definitions....

light bulb
n.
An electric light in which a filament is heated to incandescence by an electric current.

lamp
n .
1: an artificial source of visible illumination 2: a piece of furniture holding one or more electric light bulbs

So in hindsight we can see that a lamp is just a variation, or a product of a light bulb.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... for any RRTers that wish to purchase their own light bulb online, you can. Below I have listed some specific web sites/retailers dedicated to the light bulb phenomina just as we are....

http://www.bulbman.com/

http://www.topbulb.com/

http://www.bulbs.com/

http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... there are over 17,000 variations of light bulbs available on the market.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... whether it be Appliance Bulbs, Aquarium Light Bulb/Grow Lights, Ballasts, Black Light Bulb, Bug Zappers, Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs/Pin Base, Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs/Screw Base, Decorative Light Bulbs, Exit Signs, Flash Tubes, Flood Light Bulbs/Spots, Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Full Spectrum Light Bulbs, Halogen Light Bulbs/Incandescents, Heat Lamps, High Pressure Sodium Bulbs, Ionic Breeze Light Bulbs, Krypton Bulbs, Lamp Sockets, Landscape Lighting, LCD Projector Bulbs, Light Bulbs/ANSI Code, Linestra, Long Life Light Bulbs, Low Pressure Sodium, Mercury Vapor Bulbs, Metal Halide Bulbs, Microfilm/Microfiche, Miniature Light Bulbs, Night Club & Bar, Novelty Light Bulbs, Odor Control Products/Fresh2 Bulb, Photo Light Bulbs, Pool/Spa, Printers and Enlargers, Projector Bulbs, Reprographic/Graphic Arts Lamps, Sealed Beam Lamps, Stage and Studio, Strobe Light bulbs/Strobe Bulbs, Tough Skin Bulbs, UV Light Bulb/Germicidal Lamp, Video Lights, Welch Allyn Types, Work lights or Xelogens, the list is endless. After some more research on the topic,  i found that there are more than just a  FEW types of light bulbs available. My personal favorite is the "Discharge Lamp":shock: . Feel free to inform me if you are aware of any other types of light bulbs on the market.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... the first lamp was invented around 70,000 BC. A hollow rock, shell or other natural found object was filled with moss or a similar material that was soaked with animal fat and ignited. Humans began imitating the natural shapes with manmade pottery, alabaster, and metal lamps. Wicks were later added to control the rate of burning. Around the 7th century BC, the Greeks began making terra cotta lamps to replace handheld torches.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... The first electric arc light bulb was first invented by Thomas Edison in 1879.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... The longest burning electric arc light bulb was first lit in 1901 and is still burning today at a fire station in Livermore, California, and is documented in the Guiness Book of Records.

:idea: AND LASTLY, DID YOU KNOW.... it is quite easy to construct your own light bulb? Below you will find a few easy steps so you to can construct your own light bulb!!

To start off you will need one small jar, a cork stopper for a lid, a 1 inch long nail, one 6 volt dry cell battery source (not a car battery!) and one thin iron wire.

1. First cut the copper wire into two lengths about 1-1/2 feet long. Cut off an inch of the shielding (plastic coating) at each end of the strands.

2. With a nail, drill two holes into the cork.  Push the wire through the holes in the cork so that about two inches of the wire can be seen in the jar.

3. Make a hook at the end of the copper wires so that you can twist small strands of iron wire around them to make a filament.

4. Twist several strands of iron wire together and stretch them across the gap between the two copper hooks to form the filament.

5. Put cork stopper with filament inside the jar.

7. Carefully hook up both copper wire ends to the battery and watch your bulb light up!

Sooo, any questions??

tomslik

Quote from: "OzRod"Ok guys before we get side tracked again I would like to share some important information about light bulbs or lamps. Lets get one thing straight. Before we get too carried away about this topic there seems to be some controversy about what a light bulb is and what a lamp is.

Lets take a closer look at some definitions....

light bulb
n.
An electric light in which a filament is heated to incandescence by an electric current.

lamp
n .
1: an artificial source of visible illumination 2: a piece of furniture holding one or more electric light bulbs

So in hindsight we can see that a lamp is just a variation, or a product of a light bulb.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... for any RRTers that wish to purchase their own light bulb online, you can. Below I have listed some specific web sites/retailers dedicated to the light bulb phenomina just as we are....

http://www.bulbman.com/

http://www.topbulb.com/

http://www.bulbs.com/

http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... there are over 17,000 variations of light bulbs available on the market.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... whether it be Appliance Bulbs, Aquarium Light Bulb/Grow Lights, Ballasts, Black Light Bulb, Bug Zappers, Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs/Pin Base, Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs/Screw Base, Decorative Light Bulbs, Exit Signs, Flash Tubes, Flood Light Bulbs/Spots, Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Full Spectrum Light Bulbs, Halogen Light Bulbs/Incandescents, Heat Lamps, High Pressure Sodium Bulbs, Ionic Breeze Light Bulbs, Krypton Bulbs, Lamp Sockets, Landscape Lighting, LCD Projector Bulbs,

led's in here someplace?

Light Bulbs/ANSI Code, Linestra, Long Life Light Bulbs, Low Pressure Sodium, Mercury Vapor Bulbs, Metal Halide Bulbs, Microfilm/Microfiche, Miniature Light Bulbs, Night Club & Bar, Novelty Light Bulbs, Odor Control Products/Fresh2 Bulb, Photo Light Bulbs, Pool/Spa, Printers and Enlargers, Projector Bulbs, Reprographic/Graphic Arts Lamps, Sealed Beam Lamps, Stage and Studio, Strobe Light bulbs/Strobe Bulbs, Tough Skin Bulbs, UV Light Bulb/Germicidal Lamp, Video Lights, Welch Allyn Types, Work lights or Xelogens, the list is endless. After some more research on the topic,  i found that there are more than just a  FEW types of light bulbs available. My personal favorite is the "Discharge Lamp":shock: . Feel free to inform me if you are aware of any other types of light bulbs on the market.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... the first lamp was invented around 70,000 BC. A hollow rock, shell or other natural found object was filled with moss or a similar material that was soaked with animal fat and ignited. Humans began imitating the natural shapes with manmade pottery, alabaster, and metal lamps. Wicks were later added to control the rate of burning. Around the 7th century BC, the Greeks began making terra cotta lamps to replace handheld torches.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... The first electric arc light bulb was first invented by Thomas Edison in 1879.

:idea: DID YOU KNOW.... The longest burning electric arc light bulb was first lit in 1901 and is still burning today at a fire station in Livermore, California, and is documented in the Guiness Book of Records.

:idea: AND LASTLY, DID YOU KNOW.... it is quite easy to construct your own light bulb? Below you will find a few easy steps so you to can construct your own light bulb!!

To start off you will need one small jar, a cork stopper for a lid, a 1 inch long nail, one 6 volt dry cell battery source (not a car battery!) and one thin iron wire.

1. First cut the copper wire into two lengths about 1-1/2 feet long. Cut off an inch of the shielding (plastic coating) at each end of the strands.

2. With a nail, drill two holes into the cork.  Push the wire through the holes in the cork so that about two inches of the wire can be seen in the jar.

3. Make a hook at the end of the copper wires so that you can twist small strands of iron wire around them to make a filament.

4. Twist several strands of iron wire together and stretch them across the gap between the two copper hooks to form the filament.

5. Put cork stopper with filament inside the jar.

7. Carefully hook up both copper wire ends to the battery and watch your bulb light up!

Sooo, any questions??

yeah, where the heck can i get rechargable #123 batteries?

...and why did sombody have to bring up chia-frank?
grass sticking to a,uh, "plump" (fluffy?) nekked man on a lawnmower kinda ruined my appetite :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

OzRod

Quote from: "tomslik"yeah, where the heck can i get rechargable #123 batteries?

Sorry Tom can't help you there.

Quote from: "tomslik"..and why did sombody have to bring up chia-frank?
grass sticking to a,uh, "plump" (fluffy?) nekked man on a lawnmower kinda ruined my appetite :shock:

Yes well I too had visions of enjenjo mowing his lawn naked and yes that thought well, it made me kinda sick to :?  :? ....so.... this was my attampt to steer this thread BACK to the TOPIC!!

enjenjo

So I'll mow the lawn at night, using the lights. On topic enough?

You just wait 'til I see Beaker(bryan) :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OzRod

Quote from: "enjenjo"So I'll mow the lawn at night, using the lights. On topic enough?

Hmmmm :roll: :roll:

Dolly

Quote from: "Carps"And at the same time you are doing what?

Mounting your Optima battery wasn't it?     :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Quote from: "enjenjo"You must have me confused with Bryan, I don't have an Optima. Of course he doesn't have one either, he just mounts his neighbors. :twisted:

Quote from: "Rayvyn"If you could see what a few of my neighbors look like, you'd know that ain't a far stretch from the truth...!!

More likely he's just dreaming that he could mount the neighbours!   :P  :P  :P  :P  :P
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Dolly

Quote from: "Sean"Thats an image I could have done without....
You know what's even worse about it?  Choco could pass as Enjenjo's identical twin and they'll both be at Louisville come the first weekend in August.  :shock:  :shock:

QuoteAnd thats just like Carps. Haven't heard a word out of him for quite some time, but as soon as he shows up he starts stirring the pot again. At least he is consistent....
Yup, he is that!
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Dolly

Quotegrass sticking to a,uh, "plump" (fluffy?) nekked man on a lawnmower kinda ruined my appetite :shock:
Coulda been worse.

Imagine if he was wearing his genyoowine Japanese Naugahide G String.    :shock:
Dolly