Opinions of these kits

Started by 2rods, January 23, 2010, 05:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2rods

Found one for sale locally pretty cheap and was wondering what others opinions are. Thanks.

http://www.easyrods.com/finishedfords.htm

kb426

There was one running around my town in primer. It never got finished. It looked ok from a distance so I thought it might be a pretty good kit. If it was bad, the guy wouldn't have made it as far as he did.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I thought the first one I saw at the KKOA show in Holland, MI, about 20 years ago, done in steel was pretty nice. Like the S-10 Studebaker style truck...ho-hum now.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Depends on what you want and your definition of "pretty cheap"
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

2rods

Jokester

A friend of mine has two of them finished and a third one he's going to build.  I don't know if it's the same brand or not.  He likes them OK.  They sure draw a lot of comment and traffic at the cruise-ins.

One of them is for sale.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

2rods

Quote from: "Jokester"A friend of mine has two of them finished and a third one he's going to build.  I don't know if it's the same brand or not.  He likes them OK.  They sure draw a lot of comment and traffic at the cruise-ins.

One of them is for sale.

.bjb

Could you find out how much he's asking?

Harry

They are a joke.
Take it to a cruise in and get laughed at.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "2rods"Around 3000. Kit is 3500.

And what does that tell you?......

From what I've heard, these conversions do not have much resale value, if that is a concern.

However, if it is something you will enjoy owning and driving then, why not?

Almost all late-model cars depreciate with age anyway, so taking a loss later if you decide to sell it, should not be a big factor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

I look at these as a easy way to drive something different. And some day, 20 years from now, they will be collectable. Kind of like a Shay. And fun to own in the meantime.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

I think they didn't really catch on, because the magazines don't push them.

2rods

Quote from: "enjenjo"I look at these as a easy way to drive something different. And some day, 20 years from now, they will be collectable. Kind of like a Shay. And fun to own in the meantime.

That's what I was thinking. And you can do so much with the front grille styling. What is a Shay?

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Jokester

QuoteJokester wrote:
A friend of mine has two of them finished and a third one he's going to build. I don't know if it's the same brand or not. He likes them OK. They sure draw a lot of comment and traffic at the cruise-ins.

One of them is for sale.

.bjb

Could you find out how much he's asking?

PM me an email address and I'll sent you his name and number.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Danimal

Reminds me of the '40 Ford nose you could put on a Beetle. Still a Beetle.