ID this Steeering Wheel?

Started by Mac, January 06, 2010, 02:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Just picked this up for potential use on my `63 C-10. I now have single digit steering since I finished the power steering upgrade so I want to run a smaller diameter and shallower dish wheel for more arm and lap room.
This wheel was described as coming from a `73 Cutlass but looks aftermarket to me and the three smallest holes match Grant hub adapters.
The other holes, especially the square ones, look like they work for a specific horn / cover and if I knew what to look for it could save some fabrication.
The only marking on it is "FE"... but I don't think it's Ford. :wink:
Who\'s yer Data?

enjenjo

I think it may be a factory wheel, and I also think I have a horn button for it. Let me dig through some boxes.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mac

Quote from: "enjenjo"I think it may be a factory wheel, and I also think I have a horn button for it. Let me dig through some boxes.

No way?
Please, by all means dig!
Who\'s yer Data?

Mac

E-Joe, I thought I'd reply to your PM on the open forum. Even though you couldn't turn up a horn button thanks for the search effort and the history clue to 76ish Starfire.
I've gone ahead and cobbed up a horn button from some Grant pieces I had around. Small plastic button fitted into a cutout chrome cap style button. I'll make a spacer ring to go under that that'll hide the bit of sq. holes showing. They'll suit for at least the time being. I think, somewhere, I even have a Bowtie button to swap for the GT.
Spokes I painted Duplicolor Met. Silver to echo the inst. panel's argent bezel. The rim bosses at the spoke ends will be prepped and painted black.  That'll be the only part visible under the black leather cover.
Who\'s yer Data?

enjenjo

That looks good. I know I had one of those wheels, must have sold it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.