M 11 Spring rates?

Started by 47convert, July 07, 2004, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

I ordered 4 cylinder no AC springs for my friend's 34 Ford tudor and installed them in one of Larry T's crossmembers and this car is way too high. The springs don't compress at all and the car has the body , engine and radiator installed as well as one front fender. Is there a lighter weight spring available for a Mustang 2?

phat46

Quote from: "47convert"I ordered 4 cylinder no AC springs for my friend's 34 Ford tudor and installed them in one of Larry T's crossmembers and this car is way too high. The springs don't compress at all and the car has the body , engine and radiator installed as well as one front fender. Is there a lighter weight spring available for a Mustang 2?

I don't know about lighter, but there is shorter ones available. I used V-8 springs under my car at first. WAY too high, I contatcted a local streetrod guy who said he could get a variety of spring weights in a length that was nearly 2" shorter than stock. $60 a pair at thet time, 1992.

47convert

Thanx, but they really need to be softer - they are't being compressed at all. The softest ones I can find are rated at 25-#, but I don't know what these are, other than that they were supposed to be for a 4 cyl. w/o AC. I know they are much smaller wire than the V6 springs I had in my 47 Convertible with a big block and AC.

Dave

Quote from: "47convert"Thanx, but they really need to be softer - they are't being compressed at all. The softest ones I can find are rated at 25-#, but I don't know what these are, other than that they were supposed to be for a 4 cyl. w/o AC. I know they are much smaller wire than the V6 springs I had in my 47 Convertible with a big block and AC.

Ahhh here we go again.. MII Stuff. Chassis engenering has lighter springs. I used the 250,s in my 34 and they were great..
Dave

river1

take a look at this link from eaton spring you should be able to find what you need.

http://www.eatonsprings.com/m2coils.htm

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

348tripower

I used Eaton for the springs in my 35. They worked good.
Don :lol:
Quote from: "47convert"[Looks good. Thank you
Don Colliau