Optima battery mounting

Started by phat46, July 04, 2004, 05:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Has anyone ever actually seen an Optima battery mounted upside down? Their website says the battery can be mounted in almost any position. But I can't find any other mounting info on the site. I'm ready for a battery and I have been planning to mount one upside down under the rear of the frame, but now I'm second guessing myself.

river1

while i don't know for sure i think you can. UPS will allow you to ship an Optima battery and considering how they treat packages i'd think you'd be OK to mount it upside down. most people prolly mount them in the 'normal' direction because that is how they have always done it.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tom36

Optimas are like a gel cell--- no liquid floating around and the case is completely sealed so, sure, it could be mounted upside down.  tom..

enjenjo

I have a buddy with one mounted on it's side, been there for 7 years, no problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

PHEW!  this post had me worried for a minute there.

Was thinkin, "I've been away too long and these guys have kinda lost the plot!"  Had trouble understanding why anybody would want to mount their battery when there's so many wimmin still available.   :roll:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Choptop

I have my optima mounted on it's side and attached to the frame rail
under the floorpan on my duece . 3 years now. No problem. Same
battery.

Choptop
Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you
have not.
Remember, what you have now was once among
the things you only hoped for !

Dirk35

I was kinda thinkking along the same lines as CARPS! :wink:

enjenjo

Quote from: "Dirk35"I was kinda thinkking along the same lines as CARPS! :wink:

So you're a dirty old pervert too?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Carps"PHEW!  this post had me worried for a minute there.

Was thinkin, "I've been away too long and these guys have kinda lost the plot!"  Had trouble understanding why anybody would want to mount their battery when there's so many wimmin still available.   :roll:

They may be, like; a 'little short'.  Could reek havoc with the pacemaker though!