I hate latemodels

Started by junkyardjeff, December 11, 2009, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

My girlfriend has a 96 saturn I just got road ready after being a race car for 12 years and it blew a head gasket,I got it going since I did not want to put a heater core in her 98 Dodge p/u since the dash has to be removed but it looks like I wil be doing it or finding someone who will as she has been driving my daily driver all week.  I am glad my newest is a 89 as any newer and they suck big time,the old ones are so much easier to deal with.

Crosley.In.AZ

The past few weeks ,  I have been thinking that I need to buy truck of the  60s  or 70s ,  rebuild it and drive it.

Lately all the fancy gizmos , electronics , drive by wire, auto on-off  headlites has been on my mind as items that  need to go
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

that's why guys like you pay guys like me to do that stuff.
seriouslyi DO like dash work so, to me, pulling the dash isn't all that bad..

cros, i had a nice 69 f100 longbed that woulda been a good builder for ya...360/c6/9"
gone now,though..  :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

UGLY OLDS

I would love to have a car or pick-up from the late '60s or early '70s as a daily driver ...   8)

Only problem is what to drive the "Second" winter ..... :(   :lol:  :lol:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"that's why guys like you pay guys like me to do that stuff.

cros, i had a nice 69 f100 longbed that woulda been a good builder for ya...360/c6/9"

you like working on vehicle dash?   I knew there was a weird side to you  :shock:  .. well , make that another one

I found a 1971 3/4 ton chevy out here by me... cheap , engine is apart ( I have a 383 cid small chevy)

One problem with most older trucks is the lack of cab space I have grown to like  ,  as the 4 door trucks or extra cab trucks.  Most the 4 door trucks of early stuff was used on rail road work , not may around or cheap to buy
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"that's why guys like you pay guys like me to do that stuff.

you like working on vehicle dash?   I knew there was a weird side to you  :shock:  .. well , make that another one

I found a 1971 3/4 ton chevy out here by me... cheap , engine is apart ( I have a 383 cid small chevy)

One problem with most older trucks is the lack of cab space I have grown to like  ,  as the 4 door trucks or extra cab trucks.  Most the 4 door trucks of early stuff was used on rail road work , not may around or cheap to buy

got a friend that has a 71-72 factory  bigblock short bed 1/2t for sale.....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

taxpyer

My newest vehicle is '91 and the oldest is '23. If I can do It I will always have older rides. (can't afford otherwise anyways) :oops:  I enjoy the fact I can repair all of my vehicles and maintain them to a good standard for reliability. :wink:  I have to admit that I am abit in the dark ages compared to the knowledge of the moderators and contributors on this site! But it sure is nice to be able to understand your car. :wink:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

Leon

I guess this isn't the spot to tell everyone I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT.......

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Leon"I guess this isn't the spot to tell everyone I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT.......

Of the 3 American muscle cars currently around.. the Mustang looks the best to me.  Although i would own a yellow SS Camaro  if  I won the  lottery
Tony

Carnut

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Leon"I guess this isn't the spot to tell everyone I just bought a 2010 Mustang GT.......

Of the 3 American muscle cars currently around.. the Mustang looks the best to me.  Although i would own a yellow SS Camaro  if  I won the  lottery

Yeah, I've been thinking the Mustang is the only 'Car' worth buying for 5 yrs or so now.

But my lotto winnings would buy me a Dodge Challenger.

junkyardjeff

I would like to have one too but do not want car payments and I would be screwed if anything happened after the warranty ran out.

Leon

Since I haven't gotten rotten food thrown at me for buying a new car :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Here's a pic of what we have done so far to it.  The Mustang is very easy to modify.

Crosley.In.AZ

Your Mustang looks  good.

One item that I noticed on a rental Mustang  is the windows drop down  an inch when you open the door.  I guess the design makes this needed.

I wonder what happens when the window does not drop down and up automatically as the door opens and closes?
Tony