OK tell me where to go (for information)

Started by GPster, December 01, 2009, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I'll start with this information. 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lorado, power window ,passenger side front. Linda heard a pop while trying to roll it up. It was dark so see didn't notice that the window was all the way open until see saw it it the street lights. window had fallen to the bottom of it's travel, wasn't broke and could be slid to the top of it's travel and wedged to stay in place. Motor in door sounds like it will run but has no connection to glass. The local Jeep dealer says it will cost $72.00 to investigate. It could be $493.00 to fix it depending how many parts have failed. The first book I was able to get to check only shows repair of glass with manual winders. Asking around people said that some had a cablee to lift the window but most feel it is/was a belt which might better explain the noise Linda heard. Where do I go to find some pictures and maybe some instruction on how to get it apart? would this be a Jeep only part or might it be a "Help" part? If some makes a replacement belt I wonder if it's the same for all four doors. I mght be able to practice take a door apart on a junk yard door but I'd think that I wouldn't be allowed to learn on a good door and I'd think their interchange book would list a door an an assembly and wouldn't list interchange on interior parts of that assembly. I'm not ready to put it in the "Clunker" catagory. GPster

WZ JUNK

My brother just did his Jeep.  He bought them at Bumper to Bumper and he found the part number on the internet.  The were about $150 and they were a complete assembly.  He was very happy with the product and he said that is was a pretty simple job.  He is going to try to get the information for you so that you can locate the parts.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH