Zoops Seal alternative

Started by rumrumm, July 09, 2004, 08:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Anyone figured out what this stuff really is? I have a lot of polished aluminum on the new car and would rather not have to polish it again. But I think $90.00 is a little excessive for the Zoops kit. Any ideas?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

SKR8PN

I feel your pain.............
If there is an alternative,I'd also like to know.........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Bob K

I'm not sure about the efficency of the Zoops product. I used it on my beehive oil filter top and it didn't hold up. Maybe it doesn't hold up to heat very well as that thing gets very hot. I can show you the scar on my arm to prove it. I also wonder what it is. Maybe I put it on wrong, the directions are a little vague. Is says wait for it to get CLEAR without telling you whether they mean Clear as in lack of color, or  Clear as in no milkyness in it. I never could get it to be clear in color after mixing but the milkyness went away.

I is really difficult to tell if you did it correctly as the rainbow color they talk about never happened when I used it. Water beaded up on a piece I had not coated just the same as on a coated piece.

I suppose only time will tell.

B :?: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Phil1934

Just guessing, but I'd say polysiloxene.

oiler

A friend of mine and I went in together and bought a kit and split it.
He did all my pieces for me as he had the majority of aluminium on his 64 Ford.
I'm really pleased with my valve covers and alt. brackets.
Way easier to clean and I haven't touched them with any polish at all.