BFG Silvertown Radials

Started by 40, July 06, 2004, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone running these on thier ride??Decided to do the WWW thing with the 40...made up my mind to go with the Diamond Backs untill I talked to the owner.Everyone is on vacation this week,they are way behind and can't process my order for a month.I want the tire/wheel thing done before I go to the Nat's.Have heard too many horror stories about Coker's so thought I might give the Silvertowns a try.Looks like a nice tread design...Any comments good or bad?Any other suggestions??Thanks!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

grumpy

Quote from: "40"Anyone running these on thier ride??Decided to do the WWW thing with the 40...made up my mind to go with the Diamond Backs untill I talked to the owner.Everyone is on vacation this week,they are way behind and can't process my order for a month.I want the tire/wheel thing done before I go to the Nat's.Have heard too many horror stories about Coker's so thought I might give the Silvertowns a try.Looks like a nice tread design...Any comments good or bad?Any other suggestions??Thanks!!
While I don't have any experience with the BFG's, I have had numerous sets of Diamondbacks.
I can get you Diamondbacks tomorrow, but don't know about the shipping issue.
My buddy is a stocking dealer for them in Newton Falls Ohio.  He may be able to ship them to you, I don't know.
Let me know if you'd like me to find out.
Tim
Howland Road Hounds
grumpy@zoominternet.net

That sounds great!I am thinking  235/70/R15's for the rears and either 185 or 195/70/R15's for the front.May even run a 195/70/R14 if I need to in order to match tread design.If you would like to check with him for availability,that would be great or if it's easier...give me the contact info and I'll investigate.Thanks for the help!

grumpy

Quote from: "40"That sounds great!I am thinking  235/70/R15's for the rears and either 185 or 195/70/R15's for the front.May even run a 195/70/R14 if I need to in order to match tread design.If you would like to check with him for availability,that would be great or if it's easier...give me the contact info and I'll investigate.Thanks for the help!
Are you sure you want 70 series? most rods wear 75 series tires.
I know he has tons of 75 series, but I'll check on the others.
I wanted 255-70's for my 53 GMC because it was a BBC truck and I wanted more tire, plus it has huge wheelwells. he had to get them in for me.
I have 235-75's on rear and 205-75's on front of my 48 Ford cpe.
heres a shot for reference.
let me know what exactly you want and I'll call him tomorrow a.m.
or if you'd prefer to call him, it's 330-872-1205 ask for Charlie
He gets there at 5am, and leaves by 2pm.
Tim
Howland Road Hounds
grumpy@zoominternet.net

Tim,Thanks!....I owe you one!Talked to Charlie this morning...seems like a super guy...he got me all fixed up! Took your advice and am going to run the 75 series,205's front,235's rear.Great looking old Ford by the way.Thanks Again!

grumpy

Quote from: "40"Tim,Thanks!....I owe you one!Talked to Charlie this morning...seems like a super guy...he got me all fixed up! Took your advice and am going to run the 75 series,205's front,235's rear.Great looking old Ford by the way.Thanks Again!
No problem!
Glad I could help.
Charlie is a real good guy. I went to school with his son and he's treated me good many times.
And he just doesn't have tires, he's got stuff, I mean everywhere. cars. parts, steering wheels...buildings full.
Tim
Howland Road Hounds
grumpy@zoominternet.net

Carps

Got em on the back of my humpy, they ride OK balance good and the lack of high speed rating shouldn't be a problem for me.  Trouble is they don't make on that fits nicely on the front and Diamond back do, so I'm waiting for a pair of 175/70X14s to arrive from the US.

Has anybody seen or heard anything about the new Goodyear WWW radials?  They claim to have a DOT high speed speed & bead retention rating which the other WWW radials don't have.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "40"Anyone running these on thier ride??Decided to do the WWW thing with the 40...made up my mind to go with the Diamond Backs untill I talked to the owner.Everyone is on vacation this week,they are way behind and can't process my order for a month.I want the tire/wheel thing done before I go to the Nat's.Have heard too many horror stories about Coker's so thought I might give the Silvertowns a try.Looks like a nice tread design...Any comments good or bad?Any other suggestions??Thanks!!

well, guess I'm to late!! but fyi we are running bfg's on the lincoln, this is the 3rd summer for them after 3 sets of cokers! We love them, haven't had problem one with them and the best part is they stay really clean!!!! don't understand that but they do!!! anyway thats my story and I'm stickin to it   :lol:  :wink: