GM Starter motor

Started by Topsterguy, October 22, 2009, 10:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

I've got a GM starter, Delco Remy, that's rebuilt  but I don't know "for sure" what the application is or if it will work on the SBC crate motor in my '40 PU.  Anyone have a bokk on these, or a link?  The casing reads

Delco Remy   1108427 oB19 7

Thanks!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Thanks! Quite a selection!  Now to find out if it'll work with one of the newer GM crate 350's and a 4 speed! It says AT and MT on the list....so ?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Okay, so anyone got suggestions on the best starter motor to use  with a 350 / 300 GM crate motor with a  BW super T-10 !? :?

Charlie Chops 1940

What size flywheel are you using? If you have the smaller 153 tooth unit then you want its starter, which has the staggered mounting holes.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Topsterguy

I'm using the bigger 14" flywheel with 168 teeth, and the block is drilled to take both bolt patterns. I tried a small motor that's supposedl;y for that flywheel but the bolt holes wouldn't line up because the snout of the starter hits against the bellhousing ! Nothing's simple, eh !!

Charlie Chops 1940

Are you trying the compact current type starter for a 168 tooth flywheel? For some reason I seem to remember that it is offset differentl, but I could be wrong.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!