great day

Started by reborn55, September 23, 2009, 11:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Got a phone call from the wife this morning telling me our grandson is on a plane heading for the states from Afghanistan.  What a wonderful way to start the day. :D

phat46

Quote from: "reborn55"Got a phone call from the wife this morning telling me our grandson is on a plane heading for the states from Afghanistan.  What a wonderful way to start the day. :D

GOOD news indeed!!!

EMSjunkie

That is great news!!!    bet y'all are smilin'  8)  :D  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

papastoyss

Quote from: "reborn55"Got a phone call from the wife this morning telling me our grandson is on a plane heading for the states from Afghanistan.  What a wonderful way to start the day. :D
When I saw the title of your post , I thought maybe you had sold the Chevy convertible  that's been giving you so much grief but it's even better. Our son has been in Iraq & Kuwait 5yrs working for a military contractor.He's not in harms way now in Kuwait but we're still concerned about him.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thats GREAT!  Congrats!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

My youngest son is career navy (23 yrs) and has been to the Gulf region more times then I can remember. He left for there again last Fri. I always breath a sigh of relief when he's headed back to the states
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

Tell him thanks for me when he gets here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

reborn55

Quote from: "papastoyss"
When I saw the title of your post , I thought maybe you had sold the Chevy convertible  that's been giving you so much grief but it's even better. Our son has been in Iraq & Kuwait 5yrs working for a military contractor.He's not in harms way now in Kuwait but we're still concerned about him.

I would take a dozen cars from hell as long as he gets home safe.  Flight got delayed a day---should be home--here sometime next week.  Can't wait.

Thanks guys and gals :D  :D

UGLY OLDS

Ken...That's GREAT news ..I remember when mine came home ...Both times .. :shock:   Please thank him from all of us .... 8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

reborn55

Grandson made it back yesterday evening--bus was about 1.5 hours late, but was worth it. Daughter and other grandkids made the local news at the same time. Out to dinner later. All and all a great day. Thanks for all the well wishes :D