shipping a car question.

Started by chimp koose, September 18, 2009, 10:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

OK the drag racing bug has bit again and I have found a good prospect in a 200" front engine dragster. Problem is that it is in virginia and I am north of the border in Saskatchewan. This is a BARE chassis , what do you guys suggest to ship it. How much could shipping be? Is there anyone you know of ( small operator) that could meet me at the border with it?The vendor will hold the car indefinitely untill I can arrange shipping but I dont want to get a deal on a car only to bleed out on transport. This chassis will be likely under 400# but likely 20' long. suggestions please.

river1

check with BenD on the HAMB he seems to be reliable and reasonable.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

From what I've heard in the last couple of years, there's not a commercial carrier that won't damage it unless it's in an undestructable crate. That would make shipping pricey. My advice is to find a racer who travels alot. People that aren't racers don't understand tube chassis's and will likely do something bad because of lack of exp. with them. This sounds like a reason for a road trip for you. You'll have an adventure to talk about. I went 1300 miles one way to pick up my first top fuel car.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Ben is usually booked up  60 - 90 days .  hellava good guy.  Ben picked up a Crosley at my house to head towards  Minniesoda.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

ihad a 32 ford chassis sent to okla from californis on a makeshift pallet for 1200 dollars... via fed x freight
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

chimp koose

Thanks for the replies guys. As far as a road trip goes, I just had my 2 month summer holiday,no time off coming any time soon.

kb426

TEAM SMART