Street Rod Carpet Recommendation?

Started by crdnblu, September 02, 2009, 01:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crdnblu

I'm a first-time street rod builder looking for input from you experienced folks.  I've been building a '37 Ford 2-Dr humpback sedan for the last 10+ years, to use as a daily driver. (I'm retired, so for errands, short trips, & the occasional driving vacation.)  
It's a steel body, w/ glass fenders, TCI chassis, SBC, 700R4, 9" rear.  The interior is heavily insulated w/ Dynamat Extreme, Dynaliner, & Lobuc insulation, w/ planned leather seating, & Ultraleather panels.  (hopefully soon.....)
I'm wanting a very good, long wearing carpet.  Any suggestions besides wool squareweave, recommended by my planned upholstery man?  I'm concerned about using wool carpeting......I like the look of a  synthetic loop over that of a cut-loop, but I'm DEFINITELY open to input & suggestions, based on your expertise.

58Apache

Trim Parts in Ohio does carpets of various types. I hope this link works, it's to the street rod section of thier carpets:

http://www.trimparts.com/pages/carpet.asp?itemid=1492&cmodid=438&itemcount=1&ctype=results

zzford

I had my trim shop put in some carpet called "Daytona". It is a very tight, short weave carpet and it looks GREAT! I get more complements on it than you would believe. See if your trim man has samples. Another added bonus is that you won't see it in other cars.

32coupe

I used marine carpet, it doesn't matter if you get it wet and it is more wear resistant.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

47convert

I used the Daytona style carpet too. I think you can buy it from C.A.R.S. INc. out of Berkley Mi. in flat stock. Most of their stuff is molded to fit 55 to 57 Chevys or whatever, but if you talk real nice and ask for Larry you might be able to get it.
Quote from: "zzford"I had my trim shop put in some carpet called "Daytona". It is a very tight, short weave carpet and it looks GREAT! I get more complements on it than you would believe. See if your trim man has samples. Another added bonus is that you won't see it in other cars.