K-zoo Attendance down.

Started by freddrew, September 13, 2009, 10:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddrew

The attendance was down at the Zoo this year even though the weather was great.  Anyone that didn't go missed out.  

p.s.  I met up with a herd of trailer queens at the Port Huron border from the Frankenmuth show.  Hardly wait till next year when they can come to the zoo

Fred Drew
Fred

phat46

Quote from: "freddrew"The attendance was down at the Zoo this year even though the weather was great.  Anyone that didn't go missed out.  

p.s.  I met up with a herd of trailer queens at the Port Huron border from the Frankenmuth show.  Hardly wait till next year when they can come to the zoo

Fred Drew
Fred I saw the cars from KZoo going by to the bridge several times today. It was one of those days, running from before sunrise till dark, and everytime i was by the bridge some cars were going back over. Maybe some were from Frankenmuth, i didn't know that was today too. You shoulda kept the Mustang you could have trailered it to the Zoo next year with the '46 P.U. ... :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, if I rememebr correctly they had about 2200 cars.  To me that was a perfect number.  Enough to look at for a weekend but not too crowded that it was uncomfortable to walk or cruz a car around.  I had a BLAST hanging out with not only all the RRT and HAMB folks that stopped by the encampment but I got to hang out with alot of my back home local streetrod pals as well.  An extremely fun weekend wtih PERFECT weather.

Oh yeah, I was a "WINNER, WINNER CHICKEN DINNER"!
I won one of the giveaway prize packages during the awards....a $250 LaCarra gift certificate, a $100 one from Eaton and a relay/fuse one from Watson I think it was.  Anyway, I've had a new steering wheel picked out for awhile, it's just going to be alittle less expensive now!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Denise did not even know what she had won until she got back to her seat, she just heard her number called.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I didn't hear what I won because I was on the phone getting notified that a very good HAMB pal "Pops" had just passed way.  Talk about an emotional roller coaster in a one minute time frame.  Found out today another HAMB pal also died over the weekend. :(

enjenjo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I didn't hear what I won because I was on the phone getting notified that a very good HAMB pal "Pops" had just passed way.  Talk about an emotional roller coaster in a one minute time frame.  Found out today another HAMB pal also died over the weekend. :(

Who was that Denise?

HotRodLadyCrusr

"POPS",  Jim Markley from OK.  You might remember meeting him at my HAMB Mingle last year.  

He passed away less then two months after being diagnosised with Cancer.  Thankfully I was able to spend some time with him a couple of weeks ago.  RIP Jim

enjenjo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr""POPS",  Jim Markley from OK.  You might remember meeting him at my HAMB Mingle last year.  

He passed away less then two months after being diagnosised with Cancer.  Thankfully I was able to spend some time with him a couple of weeks ago.  RIP Jim

I knew about Pops, and yes I do remember him. You said you heard about another HAMBer who passed.

HotRodLadyCrusr

enjenjo

I don't believe I met Tony. A shame just the same. So much knowledge is being lost.