LOUISVILLE

Started by 348tripower, July 24, 2008, 08:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Last Monday night after installing new U-bolts on the rear to accomodate the pinion angle shims.

Went to OBT World Headquarters after work with it today (Friday) to deliver T-shirts for him to haul to Louisville for me and got my '09 NSRA Safety Inspection at the same time.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

Centerline

Great job Skip.  Will see you at the Nats this year for sure.  It will be my last trip as I'm ticked off enough at NSRA management that I will not spend the money to be a member after this year.  Can't wait to see the new paint work.

Later.....

freddrew

I plan on being there Thursday morning til Sunday.  I'm usually on the grassy hill behind the building.  The opposite end to the Swap Meet.  1929 Ford black Primer with a Tear Drop Trailer on behind.

Fred Drew
Fred

Carps

Well, I was looking good to be there, until I took a nasty tumble.

With a couple of busted ribs, flying is out of the question, so it looks like I'm gunna hafta wait until next year.    :cry:

Not sure why so many are * at NSRA.  The way I see it they have to move with the times if they are to survive and prosper as an organisation.

More members will surly give them a much better voice to fight stupid legislation, and I fear that's something we're going to need as we move forward.

On the other hand, the late models at Goodguys events, just help to make them more interesting, to me at least.

I can't wait to see the greater variety at next years NSRA Nats.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

river1

Quote from: "Carps"well, I was looking good to be there, until I took a nasty tumble.

With a couple of busted ribs, flying is out of the question, so it looks like I'm gunna hafta wait until next year.    :cry:  

bummer that, broken ribs suck

Quote from: "Carps"Not sure why so many are * at NSRA.  The way I see it they have to move with the times if they are to survive and prosper as an organisation.

i don't think it the expanded years that * most off. i think it's the fact the expanded years go into the 80's that is the problem. if they were to expand to say (as an example) the late 60/early 70s i think it would be more exceptable. most car guys believe late 70s/early80s car are not so "show worthy", rightly so IMHO. there are exceptions but most cars of that era are pieces of *.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Centerline

Quote from: "Carps".......Not sure why so many are * at NSRA.  The way I see it they have to move with the times if they are to survive and prosper as an organisation.........
It's a trust and honesty issue.  The NSRA has lied about this from the beginning.  98% of the members want this change is unadulterated BS.  No one was ever asked!  NSRA management has lied in interviews and in print and as far as I'm concerned I'm not going to pay money to be a member of an organization that doesn't care about its members and thinks they're stupid.  Why else would they lie so blatantly and expect us to believe it.

We weren't given the opportunity to vote on this stupid rule but a hell of allot of us will vote with our wallet when it comes time to renew our membership.

348tripower

Quote from: "freddrew"I plan on being there Thursday morning til Sunday.  I'm usually on the grassy hill behind the building.  The opposite end to the Swap Meet.  1929 Ford black Primer with a Tear Drop Trailer on behind.

Fred Drew

I will be on the back side also. I will have the 48 F1 with Crown Autobody Inc. on the doors. Black teardrop trailer. Black 40 sedan tagging along. We will be setting up on the fence. Stop and say hello!  :D
Don
Don Colliau

alchevy

Leaving at 2am (yawn) to drive up there early on Tuesday morning. Going to try to do as much as possible while there because I won't be back next year. I will get back home afterwards and hit the ground running trying to find a job. I worked at a company for 13 years straight (worked there 2 years before that for a total of 15 years). Then was in a lay off in January '09. Got a new job in February '09 and it lasted until they ended the contract early at the end of May '09.
My wife and I just bought a house so trying to find something close in the IT or drafting field.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com