Don Siewert --> Canadian Streetrodding Hall of Fame

Started by Cword, June 29, 2009, 10:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cword

Hey guys 'n' gals

It's been a great month for my dad street rod wise, his roadster is back on the road with a fresh flathead and T5 and now this announcement.

Last week my dad received a letter in the mail from the Board of Directors of the Canadian Street Rodding Hall of Fame.

He has been selected as this years inductee.  All the official stuff takes place on 3 October at a Banquet in Waterdown Ontario.

He's over the moon, and under the weather.  This being the middle of a round of chemotherapy.  

Mike
--

enjenjo

Congratulations! Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Charlie Chops 1940

That's great to hear Mike...he deserves the honor. I was thinking about him the other day while cruising down the road in the roadster pickup. How about posting a picture or two of him and the roadster?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

rumrumm

We wish him the best, and a big congratulatory pat on the back. Very cool!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Hooley

It is good to hear from you,all. Congrats to Don.  Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

WZ JUNK

Great news Mike.  Congratulation to your Dad.

I have been starving for news from you and your Dad.  Thanks for posting.  Is there a chance we might see you at Speedweek?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Congrats , that is good news on the hall of fame.

I hope the treatments go well as possible... they can be tough on a person
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

Congratulations, great to hear.  I bet that makes the roadster run better.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Cword

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"That's great to hear Mike...he deserves the honor. I was thinking about him the other day while cruising down the road in the roadster pickup. How about posting a picture or two of him and the roadster?

Charlie

His Favorite Picture
Taken after the 209 pass in 2007

I was visiting him in the hospital yesterday and wishing I'd have had my camera along on Fathers Day when he and Rob and I had been together working on finishing off his roadster.  
He was looking good yesterday, recovering from an infection that hit him while the chemotherapy had his immunity at zero. he's hoping to be back home again by Friday.  he says the adapters for the Daytons he bought should arrive by the weekend and he'll be able to try out his new wires on the roadster.

WZJunk, we won't be making it to the salt this year.  I leave for Holland with the marching band in three weeks. I send the band home from England on 6 August and then fly to Frankfurt to meet Susan and Mom and Dad (Assuming dad is well enough) then I'm touring them around Europe for three weeks.  The closest we'll get to Bonneville is "FrenchRodders" turf. There is a town called Bonneville just outside Grenoble France.

Mike
--

jaybee

Wow, that's fantastic for Don, and I hope he feels better soon.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

That's great news about Don's induction Mike!  His enthusiasm definitely lights up the lives of everyone he meets.  He is very deserving.

I hope the treatments he's going through are helping.  He's a great guy.
George

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"His enthusiasm definitely lights up the lives of everyone he meets.  He is very deserving.

that is an excellent way to describe don );b(

congratulations don );b(

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carps

As usual I'm late.

Great news for the Street Rodding Hall Of Fame, they should be priveliged to Have Don's name on their list.

Hope the treatment continues to go well and you all enjoy a well earned European Vacation, just keep a watch out for the Griswalds.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Topsterguy

Hey Mike, congrats to your Dad and the whole family - needless to say you're all proud of him! Man, there's a guy that's "done it all" so the honor is well deserved! All the best to him in his treatments too.  Larry Z.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"