Hot Rod events

Started by Tolle, May 16, 2009, 07:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolle

Hi, I will be in seattle Wa. from around the 12 of june till end of month,
 would anybody know of any rodding events in the general area?
 Thanks Tolle Denmark.

Uncle Bob

Here's another calendar with some additional events not listed on the one above,  www.henryshalftons.com/Newsletters/2009PNW_CalendarOfEvents.pdf -

Depending on where around Seattle you are, two of the events that have been going the longest are the Ford Picnic in Bellevue on the 7th and the Greenwood Ave show on the 27th.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

wayne petty

if anybody is near seattle and is a hot rodder ...

one really wants to make the time to check out boeing surplus...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=boeing+surplus+seattle&ie=UTF8&sll=47.415950,-122.228522&sspn=0.451051,0.261259&latlng=47415950,-122228522,14655610714076020643&ei=JOIOSv-XKaeCiAOEjt3WDw&cd=1

or for  a larger map to it..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=boeing+surplus+seattle&ie=UTF8&sll=47.415950,-122.228522&sspn=0.451051,0.261259&ei=JOIOSv-XKaeCiAOEjt3WDw&cd=1&cid=47415950,-122228522,14655610714076020643&li=lmd

the have some other sites around the country.. including 3 in so cal...  but i have not had the chance to make it to the so cal stores yet...

and i think there is one in kansas...

it is something you will never forget....  

i just found out they also have online auctions...  

enjoy.. and don't spend all your money there... its easy to do...

you do also have to think .. how am i going to get this stuff all home...   trying to make it through the airport screening stations with a suitcase full of aircraft fasteners and other goodies from boeing might be hard to explain...

MrMopar64

Quote from: wayne pettyif anybody is near seattle and is a hot rodder ...

one really wants to make the time to check out boeing surplus...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=boeing+surplus+seattle&ie=UTF8&sll=47.415950,-122.228522&sspn=0.451051,0.261259&latlng=47415950,-122228522,14655610714076020643&ei=JOIOSv-XKaeCiAOEjt3WDw&cd=1

quote]

They closed down Jan 2008

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

wayne petty

oopps....

glad someone knew....

sorry for the mislead...

Uncle Bob

I just looked at the schedule again and noticed that you could make a big day of it on 6/7.  Hit the Ford Picnic in the morning, then around noon or so head a few miles east on I-90 to the Tastin' and Racin event.  The Tastin' part is a variety of food vendors (the roasted corn on the cob is especially good), the Racin' is limited hydroplanes on the lake, and then more hot rods.  A quadruple header!!

OldSub

I often hit the GM Picnic in Graham the Sunday of Father's Day weekend.  Graham is south of Seattle.  South to Tacoma, east to Puyallup, and then south to Graham.

BilletProof will be the last weekend of June in Chehalis which is straight south on I-5 probably 60 or 70 miles.

There are probably others, but these are the ones I'm most likely to attend.  The same weekend as BilletProof I'd expect a big show at Greenlake.  The Greenlake show will be 'gold chainers' while BilletProof will be 'traditional'.  Greenlake is a neighborhood on the north side of Seattle and probably closer to downtown that either of the others I've identified.

Where in Seattle will you actually be?  The geographic area called Seattle by those outside Washington is really pretty big...

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Tolle

Hi again, I will most likely be staying either downtown or in Bellevue, the Maple Valley meet looks ok for our schedule,is it big with lots of rods.

And thanks for all the info!

For Wayne Petty, during the years I´ve brought back thousands of various car parts, after 9/11 things got tough.couldn´t bring stuff into the cabin anymore even as crew! so it was always packed in an unlcked suitcase in case the TAS got curious I always put a fresh copy of Streetrodder alongside the Parts.have often found a note that they have looked closer at my suitcase, never anything missing. I once put a Ron Fracis wiring kit in it, I wonder what that looked like on the X-ray screen?
Tolle

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "Tolle"Hi again, I will most likely be staying either downtown or in Bellevue, the Maple Valley meet looks ok for our schedule,is it big with lots of rods.
Tolle

The Maple Valley meet is comparatively small, the ones I mentioned above would have much more to see, but each show has it's own rewards because of the difference in geographical pull.