Lost Anglia!

Started by Topsterguy, May 13, 2009, 12:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Hey Folks!  A friend of mine up here in Victoria is trying to find the Anglia he built about 40 years ago!  Yeah, a long time ago, but he's been tracking it, and it's still out there as of a few years ago and supposedly still around.....somewhere!  Anyone seen it anywhere !!??? ( I hope the pics loaded!!??)
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Harry

I had one of those that was in original condition. I drove it for a while then sold it to a lad from Buffaalo, NY. Two weeks later, he was running in the 13's.

Harry

Did you notice the car in 348tripower's avatar?
It looks like an Anglia.
or sumthin'.....

chimp koose

Rectangular,opening vent,puts the car as a 49 or newer. Top mounted wiper puts the car at 50 or newer . The boot bump is leaded in which makes it older than 51. I think its a 50 anglia. I imagine its using the original frame as it is still using the bumpers (nice look).Not many anglias around anymore. Have you tried sites like anglia obsolete or gasser madness.Gasser madness has a section for lost and found cars. Some are looking for info and history on a car they now have and others are like your friend, looking for info on past cars.I am trying to locate an anglia that I think may be in my city . It was built and raced by a couple of guys in the 60s . One of the builders died 2yrs ago and the other guy would like to find it. Good luck in your search.I located the first car I ever owned this last fall. The owner does not want to part with it.