Handbrake sussed on the 32

Started by nzsimon, June 28, 2004, 04:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

Well after a weekend and a burned finger I have sussed the handbrake

With such a small car like a 32 I didn't want the lever on the floor so I started with the dash mounted unit that I cut out of the Lexus / Crown

The unit was HUGE so I started cutting off all the extra sherman tank parts and ended up with a unit that would fit

Cut and grind and weld and I had some braketry that would work

The pedal was ugly being made from two bits of metal spot welded together so I tiged down the seams and buffed off the weld then a coat of paint and it works well

Awfully hard to photograph
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

rumrumm

I went the same route on my '32 but used the Lokar unit--a very slick piece. That solved the space problem I was dealing with. I have a machinist buddy who milled matching pedals out of billet for the dimmer switch, brake and emergency brake as I could not find mathcing round ones.  It looks like that Lexus unit was made for your application--nice installation.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "nzsimon"Well after a weekend and a burned finger I have sussed the handbrake

With such a small car like a 32 I didn't want the lever on the floor so I started with the dash mounted unit that I cut out of the Lexus / Crown

The unit was HUGE so I started cutting off all the extra sherman tank parts and ended up with a unit that would fit

Cut and grind and weld and I had some braketry that would work

The pedal was ugly being made from two bits of metal spot welded together so I tiged down the seams and buffed off the weld then a coat of paint and it works well

Isnt your Photo Backwards????
Dave :lol:

Awfully hard to photograph

slocrow

Isnt your Photo Backwards????
Dave :lol:

You know Dave, I would have lost the bet. I thought for sure you would have said something about the difficult location of the cup holders....... :D

Nice job on the brake conversion......Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

Dave doesn't use cup holders. That would mean setting his beer down. It'll never happen :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"Dave doesn't use cup holders. That would mean setting his beer down. It'll never happen :lol:

8) Thanks Frank.............
Dave

SKR8PN

WHEW!!!   Dave,setting down his beer????? I was getting concerned there for a minute......
One of THE first questions I had for my Doctor,after I had my heart attack,was "Can I still have Beer".
If he would have said "NO",
I was gonna tell him to just kill me now :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.