Scrap is up

Started by enjenjo, May 05, 2009, 11:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Got $60 a ton for shred today. That three times what it was paying two months ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

the scrap guys are picking up everything out here...

last week ... one of them took a wheel chair ramp from the front of a house...  leaving the woman in the wheel chair stuck at home..

there are at least 20 people a day digging in the trash dumpster for my apartment building...

when i worked at the  shop with the sleeping boss.. there were 5 to 10 trucks a day asking for scrap....

much of the scrap from the west coast ends up in los angeles harbor... ready to load into ships... to supply everybody else....

chimp koose

you mean my truck is now worth something?

tompeters

i was at the scrap yard here in akron and the prices last week were pretty low . alum. cans were 25 cents a pound and shredder scrap was $2.90 for 100 pounds ! i paid for the gas it took to get there and back. i will have to check this week cuz i did not take all the old rotors i have been saving since everything took a dive. maybe i can afford to mow the lawn more often now .

Crosley.In.AZ

kool,  I can get more for my Crosley stuff now.

that also triples the value of my  1961 Dodge Lancer and if I fill up the gas tank ..... it would burn faster
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

38HAULR

Around 2007/2008, in Australia, scrap prices were through the roof, and people were even stealing copper wire from the railway system, then the prices slumped. Back in Jan I was around at my local  car wrecker that is a side business to a metal recycler.  These people were paying for complete derelict cars ,and for some years would take a car body for free. The guy told me that as the prices had slumped they would be getting close to actually charging for a  derelict car disposal.........Frank.

tomslik

cool, i gotta get this taurus off my trailer this weekend... :D
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

48ford

This is no joke.
Some one took the floating dock and ramps off the toledo harbor light.
now this is 5 miles out in the lake,but it was worth some cash as it was all alluminium(spel)
This thing is or was 40foot X 3 foot, and no one has seen it,
price had to go up.
Russ

tomslik

Quote from: "tomslik"cool, i gotta get this taurus off my trailer this weekend... :D

70 bucks a ton (car body full of brake rotors+5000lb taurus wagon)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list