Mooneyes 6x2 EFI

Started by sirstude, May 19, 2009, 06:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

A while back (2 years or so) I was talking about my buddies Deuce with the 6x2 EFI setup and someone said that they were running that setup and could help with getting it going.  Had a name or how to do it or some such.  As usual, I cannot remember who, and could not find it with the search.  Does this ring a bell, Steve finally has the car running, but it is sure not correct.  You can gas it when it sits there, but as soon as he tries to drive it it dies when he hits the gas.  Any help would be appreciated.  I contacted Retrotec, but their system is different than the Moon system, so were no help.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

No help from Moon? I understood that the people who actually made it were getting things fixed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

No help from Moon.

They don't even seem to be selling anymore.  Our friend Gary Dagle even went over to Moon today and talked to Chico and no help.  Sounds like the guy that actually built the ecu isn't around any more.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

As i recall, he was in the UK, and that's where it was built.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

The guy is Ken Ferrel and he was at Barry Whites after Moon, and then started Retrotek, but seems to be gone from there too.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

Uncle Bob

Ferrell is a bright guy, met him at SEMA a few years ago.  Probably not much of a businessman, but a great tech guy.  He started his own deal in NY a few years back, then hooked up with Moon, then the RetroTek deal under White's roof, and then had to sell to Professional Products (the Edelbrock clone guys).  I don't have a personal contact with him, but you might contact Professional Products www.professional-products.com to see if he's still there or where's he's moved on to.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

sirstude

We never did have any luck getting any support, but one of the hot rodders around Helena has a son that understands aftermarket EFI.  He got it running pretty well this last weekend.  Probably will not get it any better since this setup does not support an O2 sensor.  He is going to drive it this summer and then decide if he wants to change over to  the F.A.S.T. system, or something else like that.

Thanks for the help
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us