T5 in AMC Hornet Chevy mongrel

Started by Hornet350, April 06, 2009, 02:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet350

Thanks for the quick reply and the dimensions! I'm currently running center dump rams horns, as found in late 60's chev trucks. I do know of a set of headers you can get that will fit, but they are VERY pricey... they are Sanderson CC1K headers, originally designed for a pinch nosed roadster. I came across a fellow who figured this out and you can see his Hornet on Youtube.... Search SC350HORNET and you will find his videos. His name is Dave and he lives out in CA. Great guy to talk to and he doesn't mind sharing info. Anyway, I'm planning on a road trip to the junkyard tomorrow, so I'll grab a set of those pedals and see what's up. I'll keep yous posted on my progress.

Hornet350

Update... The pedals were pulled from the junk yard today and placed in a mock up assembly in the shop. [I got the pair of pedals for all of 3 bucks!!...] I used a spare column support bracket/channel I had from a previously stripped 80 Concord wagon and mounted it to a board to simulate the firewall. I then transferred the dimension/location of the actual upper clutch push rod thru hole to the board, and began fabbing from there. The upper channel thru hole for the pedal pivot/mounting bolt will have to be opened to 5/8"... I'll also likely remove the extra arm section that used to connect to the factory XJ hydraulic firewall mounted slave cylinder. I can send pix to those interested. So far, so good. The XJ brake pedal fit right up into the older Concord support channel perfectly... I'd like to transfer the lot as a complete assembly when I'm finished. I'll try to add a pic...