critters

Started by idrivejunk, April 29, 2023, 10:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Wow, that's a large turtle. Ours are typically 8" to 10" maybe.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

Not that anyone has more than the tiniest shred of control over it, but how you hit something (or how something hits you) is everything. When I was a teenager there was a guy in my town who flipped a mid-60s, big block Impala at what was said to be 130. He walked away with bumps and bruises because he didn't actually hit anything...just skied it across the ground. I didn't see that car after the crash, but I presume it did its share of spinning and rolling as well. I did see his next car, a 1973 Toyota Celica. He couldn't have been going even half as fast, because the blunt end of a concrete bridge parapet he hit was at the end of a relatively sharp corner, posted at 35mph. No skid marks, the assumption was that he fell asleep behind the wheel. Based on damage on the car, that spun him around into the giant lump of concrete on the opposite side of the road. I'm not real sure how they got the body out.

That crash and a few others got the medical license of a local doctor yanked for prescribing too many "diet pills."
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

I learned somewhere John Wayne had a thing for Pontiac wagons. Thats cool.  8)

I sat in a Pontiac once that was like an upside down turtle halfway in a ditch.

Wrecks.... Wheres the barfy smiley? :P
Matt

idrivejunk

Speaking of large turtles...

I forget what thread I put a white and yellow longbed F250 pic on but I was making sport of the Sport Custom emblem. Well its sportin a 390 4 speed and has local custom upholstery now.

If'n it was a farm critter, it'd be ready for the pen at the fair.

Matt

idrivejunk

I saw a vid today of a Golden Retriever wading... holding still as a school of nice size catfish drew near, and...

chomp!  :)  That was great. Now do dogs eat fish? I thought that was first rate entertainment. It just dragged the fish onto the shore but the dog picked a big one.  :lol:

I gained respect for dogs just then. Never seen one fish.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

jaybee

That looks nice and sturdy.

idrivejunk

Thank you sir. Have a good Thanksgiving. I am thankful for the RRT.

Pans are done, thankfully.  :)
Matt

jaybee

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and to everyone here at RRT.

idrivejunk

Thanksgiving was great. Today, like every day off or weekend day year after year, begins with barking of a neighbor's dog followed by me yelling a bitter profanity stream inside my home so loud my throat hurts for a couple days however. Its happening now. Low flying helicopters come directly over my home between midnight and four AM nightly as well. Police are no help. Why do people use animals to ruin lives of others? No one has that right.

Every day off starts with dog anger. Thats no state of mind to be in when getting behind the wheel. If this sort of talk is an annoyance to any readers, consider it to be me exercising the same right as dog owners do, just without urinating on your chrome wheels or pooping where you step to get your mail or take out the trash.  :)

There is no peaceful solution to these problems from my end and mental health suffers from them. Scratchy throat sucks. Being prevented from sleeping late is not right nor legal. If your headlights illuminate the interior of the vehicle ahead of you, you are too close. If the music you want to play in the shop is rap only, with constant repetition of the N word, others may find that offensive and be uncomfortable in that environment. Basic courtesy is history. I hope none of you are forced to accept these types of preventable annoyances.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Matt, before I got married and moved, my nice neighbor lady kept her sons dog in a pen in the backyard. It barked constantly. I don't know why he kept HIS dog at HER place, he lived almost 10 miles away. He finally took it with him later. But, of course, now the druggies on the other side of her house made all kinds of noise. I was happy to leave that neighborhood.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

I wish there was a product called dog gone it. I'd buy a case. >:(
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on November 24, 2023, 09:30:17 AMMatt, before I got married and moved, my nice neighbor lady kept her sons dog in a pen in the backyard. It barked constantly. I don't know why he kept HIS dog at HER place, he lived almost 10 miles away. He finally took it with him later. But, of course, now the druggies on the other side of her house made all kinds of noise. I was happy to leave that neighborhood.

Millenials, like this Gen X man, are finding out now that their starter home will be their last. The dip in interest levels in recent years was percieved as the norm when they came of age. With historically more normal rates back in place, to sell is to shoot one's self in the foot because to buy, the price is now double. Those who come of age now are seeing the "haves" pull away from the "have nots" at a hopeless rate, making it all but impossible to become a homeowner.

Just leaving the neighborhood is not an option for those at my maturity level. I have five years left to pay on my mortgage and if I wanted to flush away the last quarter century of my best efforts in one stupid decision, moving would do just that.

I'd be stupid to think that inconsiderate dog owners are not within earshot at any point on the map.

Just like if I don't want to hear the n word a couple hundred times a day, my only option is to discard nearly 13 years of seniority at a job for which there is no replacement.

Same reason I drive junk. Bad people cannot allow normal people to reap the benefits they have sown. They will be destroyed by blind beligerence that provides no gains for them and that my friend is the worst kind of stupidity. If someone was paying these people a nickel for each bark from their dog, that would be less stupid. But all they do is harm others.

The worst one on record made me say: What you have taken from me can never be recovered. Greatly offended, he asked "What have I taken from you?"

REST!

They can all go to hell.
Matt

idrivejunk

I was at work yesterday talking to a friend outdoors and saw a bald eagle fly by. Beaver Lake is just down the hollow from the back shop and locals have made efforts in recent times to welcome them back after so much development kinda ran them off. So I'm not looney, theres a population nearby. Anyway there were 3 more big birds around at the same instant then off they went with the breeze.

It was big, and white at both ends when the sun angle got right. Felt as though I ought to salute it. Not every day does a guy see the flagpole bird. Leastwise not in these parts. :)
Matt