shock mount .

Started by chimp koose, November 12, 2021, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Here is the start of what I did to make front coilover mounts for the bottom of the batwing brackets  for my T . The store bought shock mounts did not extend far enough forward to clear the body of the  coilovers and there was really no provision for the mount to not rotate around the mounting bolt to the axle . Made out of solid stock . The picture shows one top view and one bottom . The raised taper matches the one in the batwing mount , the countersink is the other side of that taper . The big solid side was later machined with a radius of the axle to prevent the mount from rotating and also drilled and tapped for a stud to mount the shock. Did not get a picture of the finished part .

39deluxe

chimp koose

Thanks , in order to turn the taper I had to thread the hole a smaller size . Then I could turn the taper using the threaded stud to drive it and drill the hole to size after . Slow going as the piece was way off balance . The blued end is where the thread for mounting the shock went . Then I milled the radius of the axle into the part just across from the taper .

39deluxe

Will be interesting to see it mounted.

Tom

chimp koose

Its been done and on the car for years . I will have to take it off and take a picture of it sometime