Cheap header bolt wrench

Started by Jokester, March 09, 2007, 03:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokester

Here's an easy way to tighten header bolts and minimize knuckle busting.

Buy a cheap wrench of the appropriate size.
Cut the end off.
Weld it back on the side.
Grind sorta smooth.
Tighten your header bolts.
Much easier to use than it looks.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

enjenjo

I get mine from the local pawn shop, better quality junk. :lol: I have a bunch of cut up, bent up wrenches, even some that have been ground thinner. I even have some home grown crowfoot wrenches made from the end off a wrench, and an old socket. You can also cut a slot into a thick box end wrench to make a 12 point tube nut socket
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

41woodie

Whenever I "customize" a wrench for a particular job I make one of the old fashioned plastic strip embossed labels and stick it on the handle.  The label reminds me what the tool was intended for.  Sounds silly but if you have several of these custom wrenches lying around it's easy to forget what they are for.(it gets easier to forget every year).

Crosley.In.AZ

I imagine many of us have various 'new design ' of wrenches in our tool boxes.

First time a young fellow watched me cut up an end wrench and weld it back together.... he was shocked yet saw the results of me  finishing the job....

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

When my phsycholigist (never could spell it either) suggested I try something different for myself, I decided on motorcycles. My first one was a '52 BSA. British motorcycles used some English size of threads and wrench sizes. Rather then my the appropriate wrenches I enlarges a set of end wrenches to the British size with a file. I never got big about numbers or sizes. Just needed something that fit. GPster