48 chevy truck

Started by kb426, September 07, 2022, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

To reply to the roadster comments. I'm sure you people remember the Painless Wiring roadster. ( http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/1-painless-way-to-a-roadster-pickup/ ) I hadn't thought about this much until I started working on the body. I have no rules on this one. When the front suspension arrives and I start doing so measuring, I may be able to come up with a mental image of where I may go with this. It isn't as easy for me as IDJ. :) I used to be a roadster guy. With age, I'd still want a top for the days that the weather god is unhappy with me. It's all doable. I have time to do what ever the game plan develops in to. My mind is in runaway mode right now. LOL.
TEAM SMART

GPster

When you mentioned fender-less I thought of a '28-'29 Ford roadster pick-up.I had thought about doing it with a '48-'54 Chevy truck cab. I'll just have to wait to be surprised with what you come up with when you get that front crossmember. GPster

kb426

O&S spent part of the day cleaning on the truck. I removed the heater and the firewall cover and got after it with the water hose. I flushed areas that had been cleaned before and about a 5 gallon bucket full of mouse nest came out. I think I have it clean now but I'm not real confident. :) The rear cab area was full of crap. There's places that I don't know how a mouse could get in. I installed the left side door again. the adjustment had to be changed after working on the cowl panel.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I emailed you a bunch of stuff to think about.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I like this topic.  I have thought about one of these projects for years.  Here is a crude piece of art work I did a long time ago.  I think I will play with it some more.  I want to work with tire size some.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I'm headed more towards Matt's track drawing. WZ JUNK sent me some pics of a hot rod styled one that has a straight front axle. It's cool looking as can be but I did that already. Those of you that are long timers might remember the "rollin dumpster". I'm more like an indy car suspension setup rather than the straight axle. At this point I don't know if it's possible to make the suspension components I have work together with a sleek styled rod or not.
TEAM SMART

GPster

With you having that Corvette front suspension coming let me make a suggestion. There's a company here in Ohio that started out in the 70's making street rod frames using Mustang II/Pinto front ends. They are now building frames around Corvette front ends. Check out Progressive Automotive in Baltimore. Ohio. Maybe they can give you some ideas. GPster

kb426

GPster, I'm aware of that. :) I looked their stuff over quite well before installing the crown vic under the F16.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

kb426

Thank you, Matt. You covered both grille thoughts I had. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Another piece of the puzzle arrived.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

This is going to be a really interesting build.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

What is that front end out of ?