What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

John, stove looks good. There are times that having trees around are very good. :)
Today I swapped out the rear view mirror on the 51. I pulled the rusty one from the 49 cab and have been using it. Bob Drake had a 20 off sale a few weeks ago so I loaded up on some stuff. I bought a stainless mirror for the inside of the 51, a 35 mirror head to replace the original style 32 mirror. The 32 has bevel cut glass. At night any side light will blind you. The original had a riveted stud mounted to the drop down mount. A little work with a cutoff tool removed the rivet head and allowed the 35 mirror to be attached to the frame. I also bought a set of drip rails for the 32. That will be a future project. The original rails were poor. I think it will be a tough job. There will probably be rusty metal behind them to repair.
 Next on the list was the snow blower. I bought another used one last year. I gave my son the old one I had and used the newer one twice last season. You had to shut the fuel off on it if it wasn't running. I thought the float shaft was varnished up. Today I removed the float bowl and found what looked like a piece of white thread running up through the needle seat. The primer bulb had a line that runs into the top of the intake manifold. It had broken in two. After reconnecting the line and putting everything back together, it took 3 pumps to hear fuel run through the primer and it started first pull. It would be fine with me if i don't need it but the forecast for tomorrow is 2-5 inches. I'd rather be prepared. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Found this on the front of the house... oh boy. I'm convinced by the tragectory that it was a stray. It only went through the first sheet of glass but I sure can't find what did it.

Any bow hunters in the area?

Back in the 1980's, we lived in a typical track neighborhood. Houses , streets close together.

One saturday "something" starts hitting the inside of the garage (door was open).  I then find a "BB" on the floor as the : ping , ping hits  continue.

I drove over to the neighbors house on next street, found 2 teenagers in the back yard with pellet rifles.  Thankfully the parents were glad I came over
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Pellet gun from next street over makes the most sense, and letting the police know. It wouldn't make sense for me to poke around the neighborhood since I don't know when that happened, and theres no evidence to make a case. Kinda like when that kid broke my arm in January, nothing I can do about it except take the penalty! Life... can't take it too seriously, I know I'll never make it out alive.

How about a few big ol pics to generate upbeat conversation?

Trusty 69 GP again, dig that color when its cloudy.

Stock daily driver blown Ponch ha ha.

Current bodywork project, now in primer.

Matt

chimp koose

Fixed a problem in my 92 Silverado . The brake lights signals and hazard flashers went dead . popping fuses  . noticed that when I pushed brake pedal the seat belt warning light would come on . Ends up I had pushed some stuff under the seat and caused a short in the seat belt warning system which shares a ground with the lights . All is well now .

WZ JUNK

Moved the furnace outside today and hooked up the ductwork.  The next couple of days will be cool here, so I will do some stuff inside the shop.  I will need to do some electrical work to finish up this project.  I am ready to move on and start back on the 54 Chevy.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, what velocity is the air flow?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I'm doing one of the jobs I hate the most. Fitting a rubber mat into a pickup cab. No way to hide any mistakes. I ran out of glue tonight, I have to finish gluing the padding, and then start trimming the rubber mat.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, what velocity is the air flow?

I have no idea.  My design centers around the statement, " This looks about right"  If the airflow is not enough, I will try a larger squirrel cage blower.  I am using one the I had off of an old furnace.  I know there is a best speed for the air to move but I may need to experiment to find what works best.  I can build a recirculating door in the return duct to bleed off some pressure and slow the flow, it I have to much.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm doing one of the jobs I hate the most. Fitting a rubber mat into a pickup cab. No way to hide any mistakes. I ran out of glue tonight, I have to finish gluing the padding, and then start trimming the rubber mat.

I have to repair a rusted section..that starts about in the cenre of the hole in the drivers floor where the speed sensor cable goes through..and radiates out about..several inches..in all directions :lol: in a Suburban with a rubber floor :lol: (cop wagon) Started rusting at the grommet for the speed sensor..looks like someone just cut out from the centre with snips or something. Just right there :?: The rest of the floor looked so good from underneath..

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm doing one of the jobs I hate the most. Fitting a rubber mat into a pickup cab. No way to hide any mistakes. I ran out of glue tonight, I have to finish gluing the padding, and then start trimming the rubber mat.

I have to repair a rusted section..that starts about in the cenre of the hole in the drivers floor where the speed sensor cable goes through..and radiates out about..several inches..in all directions :lol: in a Suburban with a rubber floor :lol: (cop wagon) Started rusting at the grommet for the speed sensor..looks like someone just cut out from the centre with snips or something. Just right there :?: The rest of the floor looked so good from underneath..

idrivejunk

We made a bed floor for a '67 Ford short wide out of 16 gauge. It will be covered with a wood floor kit but our original was just too hammered. We used a Woodward Fab WFBR24P for the beads. We're learning, especially on that second one from the right. No worries. The alternatives to a fabbed floor were not attractive from a part cost or labor standpoint but the metal for this was like $80.

[/img]
Matt

enjenjo

I drove to Monticello Il yesterday for soda again, 12 hour round trip.

I worked on installing this floor mat in the 62 Chevy truck. the new mats are vinyl, and really stiff. A real pain to install. A lot tougher than the old rubber mats though. I also helped replace the springs on the front of a 1999 Honda Accord for Shelby's boyfriend.

UGLY OLDS

Maybe set the new mats next to the furnace or  :?:  :?:   & let them warm up to become easier to work with  :?:

Jus' thinkin'.. :idea:

Bob ..  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Maybe set the new mats next to the furnace or  :?:  :?:   & let them warm up to become easier to work with  :?:

Jus' thinkin'.. :idea:

Bob ..  :wink:

The big problem, they were cut way over sized, so they had to be trimmed quite a bit to just get them in the truck, before they can be shaped to the floor. I will use a heat gun to "adjust" them.

enjenjo

Went to Shelby's baby's birthday party today, he was 1 year on thursday.