2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on May 03, 2023, 11:16:41 PMSomebody stop me.  I bought another Corvair from a neighbor.  He bought it thirteen years ago for his wife.  While it was on the trailer on the way home, he stopped at a gas station to fill the gas tank.  It ran out on the ground.  He parked it in his shed until last Sunday when I bought it.  Same year and model as my other one, 1967 500, 4 door hardtop.  I dropped the gas tank and found the rubber hose connecting the filler tube to the tank rotted away. That was 13 years ago that it rotted.  I've ordered a new tank and hoses, some brake parts, points and condenser and heater hoses. Anyone that's worked on Corvair heater hoses knows it's not fun.  They're 4" in diameter and you buy them in 3 foot secions. Fun times coming.

Yeah , it happened to me with Crosley cars decades ago.  A friend (?) gave me one 1947 Crosley sedan .... Suddenly I had 5 , then 7  and so forth.

:lol:  :lol:  :arrow:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

That corvair looks pretty good. Is there surprises under it?
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I lost the 69 GT job. Somebody else took over. I was only needed for excrement excavation apparently. :arrow:

If no more dung heaps are available maybe its back to that rust heap 68 cab. The Mustang metal work was probably too easy to have me do.

Quit it, Phil. :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

kb, the car is really solid, odo SHOWS 16,000+, and I've got some of the papers from previous owners. My neighbor bought the car from a widow, who's husband used it as a semi-daily driver.  It doesn't look like 116,000, like most things are worn out from age. There was so much undercoated sprayed on the gas tank, it wouldn't slide down, I had to scrape some off, then it easily slid out on its own.  I'll see how it goes when I get it back on the road.

Matt...I'll stop, I promise.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Finished the trim out on the kitchen cabinets I added a month ago.  Still need to paint the trim, molding, trim panels.

Photo shows 1x2 frame I built to mount the filler panel and molding to... Its about 4 inches of gap there

8)  8)
Tony

58 Yeoman

Phil

enjenjo

QuoteSomebody stop me.  I bought another Corvair from a neighbor.  He bought it thirteen years ago for his wife.  While it was on the trailer on the way home, he stopped at a gas station to fill the gas tank.  It ran out on the ground.  He parked it in his shed until last Sunday when I bought it.  Same year and model as my other one, 1967 500, 4 door hardtop.  I dropped the gas tank and found the rubber hose connecting the filler tube to the tank rotted away. That was 13 years ago that it rotted.  I've ordered a new tank and hoses, some brake parts, points and condenser and heater hoses. Anyone that's worked on Corvair heater hoses knows it's not fun.  They're 4" in diameter and you buy them in 3 foot secions. Fun times coming.

I'll never do anything like that, I need two HHRs. :-\
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

What's holding you back, Frank?

Phil

chimp koose

Finished the pond , for now . I will leave the last wall as is until next year .

34ford

idrivejunk

Mr. "All Grand Prix, all the time" cannot cast stones about multiples.  :)

I did go back to the 68 cab. Had put it on a rollaround table which was fine for the first side but this one needs a pan section which goes in over the table. Here I sit trying to figure out how I'll change that so I can mark pan before unscrewing. Kinda painted myself into a corner. Pix later. Flies are gathering in the area where Mustang teardown happened.

Anyhow a picturesque F-5 tank wagon outta Mulvane (kb and wz may know where that is) showed up on the new meat fence so I took this pic for my Mom. She digs what they call patina.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Todays project: New carpet on the steps to the back door of the park model 210..

Photos , the carpet looks more blue. In person it is gray. Weird?

This is basic budget outdoor carpet. The olde carpet was falling off. I sanded down the old glue and wood. Used an outdoor rated  adhesive to glue the carpet on. Hopefully this lasts 2 or 3 years?
Tony

enjenjo

QuoteWhat's holding you back, Frank?

Nothing, I have them. Plus two pickup trucks, a 66 Impala convertible, A Ford Escape, a Cavalier, three tractors, and four trailers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Phil

idrivejunk

I can't even GIVE AWAY a FREE 72 GP. ???

This is as far as I got on the cab, see pic.

Losing on the feces front, needing a nuke option to eliminate all animals which ruin weekend mornings. There is not a tree on my property, God saw to that. Yet my cross to bear is having to mop up feces each time I wish to utilize my most valued posessions.

Covering each mirror in foil and inside out tape with a whole bunch of sharp pointy drywall screws through it seems an appropriate next move whether the law calls that bird hunting or not. Dogs ruining wheels and shoes, and weekend mornings, I have come to expect. Been here since 1998 but this year's onslaught does not allow untended minutes. In the blink of an eye, bold bright vertical excrement stripes that must be scrubbed. Right on the door handle.

Went to mow other day, wanted to open the fence gate and guess what all human interface objects are slathered with wall to wall, stem to stern. Avian flu. Dung. Fecal matter. Excrement. Bodily waste from eating bugs and worms. Others do not have this issue. As always, there must be things which make me hang my head and repeat why does my life have to be this way, over and over. :roll:
Matt