1959 Buick Boat from Cuba

Started by ZIP, February 13, 2004, 08:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZIP

Let me try again, here are some pictures of the converted 1959 Buick that a few talented Cuban's attempted entry into Florida with. The coast guard sunk it after taking the folks into custody.

Have to admit, these folks are ingenious....and would be perfect candidates for Monster Garage.

This occured just last week....the same guy built a similiar 56 Chevy pickup that was also intercepted a while back...

58 Yeoman

Oh man...I know they call those old big cars boats, but I didn't think they meant it literally! :lol:  What a waste of a nice of Buick.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

If they made it to the US, they were probably going to revive the amphicar idea. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

[
I like that he took the time to paint the added prow to match the car, and the roof rack is a good touch too. I would actually like to see how he made that thig float and move

purplepickup

I think those guys are awesome.  You've got to give Cuban car guys a lot of credit.  They can't get any replacement parts and they still manage to keep their 40's, 50's, and 60's American cars running.  They either fabricate everything from scratch with real basic tools or modify something else, like a garbage can, into a fender.  There was a cool documentary on TV last year about them.  

Discovery Channel should have a car build-off with some Cuban street mechanics against a team of US big buck car builders using nothing more than a 40 year old junk yard and hand tools. :shock:

I just wish the Coast Guard would quit sinking those cool boats :evil:
George